Interchangeable shafts?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
WTF. Does any one need this development?

TM now do a driver in a kit form, for 625 sponds you get a head, and three shafts. Cally do something similar too. Why?

If you are the sort who buys off the shelf, then you find one you like the colour of, and buy it.

If you want the right driver for you you get custom fit.

If there is one perfect fit for you (which is what custom fit is all about), what are you going to do with another spare shaft?

I am also not sure about the fitting. How would you know the shaft was assembled in the 'pured' orientation?

It also stops the club builder from stepping the shaft to optimise the characteritics for you.

Really can't see where this development is taking us. Ping apparently are going to this system too, but only so the guy in the shop can carry less stock. They build the club for you in the shop, in real time. A quick spannering, and hey, there you go sir.

I suppose the only real benefit is when they screw up your custom fitting, you can go back and they can quickly have another go.

My cash will be staying in my pocket.

Pinhal_Pete

Hacker
Visit site
I was able to take advantage of this when getting my new Callaway driver from the club pro. Tried the standard shaft and didn't like it, so a quick couple of minutes work gave me a Pro Launch shaft with a lower kick point - and I couldn't believe the difference it made !
I can only imagine it is to make the pro's life easier as he only needs a couple of different clubheads and is able to swap shafts quickly for people to try. He'll still need a supply of shafts, though.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have you been cheating on us? Or is it just my suspicious mind?

And they will be far too expensive for most golfers. And pointless unless you have an engraved repeatable swing.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Cheating? How?

I read various mags, but only belong to one golf forum.

This is like looking at other women, but only being married to one.

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think its a bad idea to be honest and certainly won't be looking into it until the cost comes way down.

But I would be interested to see and try one when it comes out. My biggest concern would be the DIY fitting of shafts. I am sceptical it will be as secure as a standard club.