Indoor Putting Matt - which one?

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi everyone!

Just preparing for my bleak winter and looking for an indoor putting matt to put over floor tiles (50cmx50cm) I have the auto return hole thing but just wondering what the putt out matt and cup were like v Welling for example. Just looking for 3 m and will be permanently down in our next door room.

Thanks in anticipation.

M

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don’t get one that is to quick.
I have one and it bears no resemblance to our greens so I leave putts short.
Have a look at AstroTurf and try get some that matches your greens.
I got some and glued it to some plywood it hides behind the sofa.

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
well...hadn't thought of that one. Our greens are quite slow and imagine most matts are much quicker....maybe a bit of astro is the way to go! Unless anyone out there knows of a slow matt?

M

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have a welling mat I use which isn't too quick. Good to use in the winter for muscle memory really as it bears not relation to winter green speeds.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I’ve got the putt out matt and putt out

Just practice trying to get a line rolling over itself

I have this too. I tend to put stopper in the putt out (to stop the ball potentially sitting in the hole - perfect putt) and use my Visio putting mat on top of the putt out mat with the gates and work on my stroke (starting it on line) and then making sure when the ball comes back from the putt out it doesn't roll too far to represent the 2nd putt distance

CountLippe

Visit site
A useful variation is to place a couple of beer mats / pieces of cardboard under the mat to alter the pace / break