inactive handicap query

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Any ideas if I'll be able to bring my handicap from NZ when we return to UK?

it's not a CONGU handicap so what should happen is that you submit 3 cards and advise your current handicap - the handicap committee allocate your handicap taking all the 'evidence' into account and I would expect the better of the cards based assessment or your current handicap +2, or something similar.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
it's not a CONGU handicap so what should happen is that you submit 3 cards and advise your current handicap - the handicap committee allocate your handicap taking all the 'evidence' into account and I would expect the better of the cards based assessment or your current handicap +2, or something similar.

So if I can show my scores over the last 5 years that would be taken into account by the handicap committee? Last 3 scores have been 76 80 77 and previous 3 before then were 81 86 83 so on the basis of best card of the 3 and how well I play I could get a handicap of anything from 4 to 9 ?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
So if I can show my scores over the last 5 years that would be taken into account by the handicap committee? Last 3 scores have been 76 80 77 and previous 3 before then were 81 86 83 so on the basis of best card of the 3 and how well I play I could get a handicap of anything from 4 to 9 ?

just realised that you are 4.4 - changes things a little.

if you managed cards close to that I would expect the club to approach the union to issue 4, otherwise SOP seems to be to issue 5.5 ie lowest possible outside cat 1.

still, if they lower the barriers one day you will find out!