impact bags

socky

Head Pro
Visit site
I know what the correct impact position is but don't seem to be be able to put that on a ball. Has anybody worked with an impact bag to help this?

If so, did it help or is it just another load of rubbish used to part golfers from their cash?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I know what the correct impact position is but don't seem to be be able to put that on a ball. Has anybody worked with an impact bag to help this?

If so, did it help or is it just another load of rubbish used to part golfers from their cash?

would be my view :smirk:

m9wst

Head Pro
Visit site
Used one during a lesson a while back, as g_mulligan says a sand bag or similar will do the same job at a fraction of the price.

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't really understand how they work. Just because I can hit a heavy weighted bag with my club how does that translate to how you hit a ball?

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't really understand how they work. Just because I can hit a heavy weighted bag with my club how does that translate to how you hit a ball?

^^^^ Exactly.

I must be missing the point, do you hit them on a full swing? If you do I can't imagine it will do your clubs much good or your joints for that matter. The sudden stop can't be good, or as I wrote am I missing something?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

The idea is for people who get too wristy in the swing, at impact your hands would be ahead of the club head not behind it, its for that purpose