Ignore function

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
2 Qs if I may:

Is it possible to change it so that you can view threads started by someone you have on ignore?

Is it possible to be able to ignore whole threads rather than just individual posters?

TIA

Unignore them and you will see the thread they started.
Just don't read the thread.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
There is a show ignored button at the bottom right of most threads - however, given most of those I have ignored you won't want to do that!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Unignore them and you will see the thread they started.
Just don't read the thread.

rather not
yeah i know

doesnt feel like either should be hard to do on a forum website and thought this would be a place to ask but seems not, just getting confirmation of how it currently works :(

D

Deleted member 21258

2 Qs if I may:

Is it possible to change it so that you can view threads started by someone you have on ignore?

Is it possible to be able to ignore whole threads rather than just individual posters?

TIA

The first, I'm not worried about as dont have anyone on ignore.

The second point, would be handy for me. Theres one thread I would like to hide, just to stop me reading it, as its like watching a car crash and cant seem to stop myself from reading/posting on it.

I must get stronger and not read it any more:censored::mad:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
OK despite the awful response last time, im going to ask again, maybe it will help tagging in @MarkT

Can you please add functionality to the forum to ignore a specific thread (ie the covid thread) and also the functionality that you see threads started by people you have on ignore (if a current news topic is started by someone you have on ignore you dont know its being discussed)

Neither should be that difficult in 2022

TIA

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
OK despite the awful response last time, im going to ask again, maybe it will help tagging in @MarkT

Can you please add functionality to the forum to ignore a specific thread (ie the covid thread) and also the functionality that you see threads started by people you have on ignore (if a current news topic is started by someone you have on ignore you dont know its being discussed)

Neither should be that difficult in 2022

TIA
I’ll forward it on now and let you know

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
any update 2 mths later?

Hi, sorry it's taken so long. Was in someone's junk etc

This is their reply so is basically a no, sorry

'It isn't built in functionality and not really possible to do easily. Not replying to or joining threads made by people they have issues or clashes with is the advice I'd give, it's just a stress generator. If someone is breaching the forum rules then the action is more universal, but if everyone is within the rules and a few people just don't like one another it's a social issue and making sure it stays within the rules is the main thing.'

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hi, sorry it's taken so long. Was in someone's junk etc

This is their reply so is basically a no, sorry

'It isn't built in functionality and not really possible to do easily. Not replying to or joining threads made by people they have issues or clashes with is the advice I'd give, it's just a stress generator. If someone is breaching the forum rules then the action is more universal, but if everyone is within the rules and a few people just don't like one another it's a social issue and making sure it stays within the rules is the main thing.'

ok thx for asking Mark