If putting stroke is straight with toe weighted putter, does that mean I've got an arc stroke?

markwalker84

Visit site
Looking at possibly getting a new putter, and as fittings aren't possible at the moment I'm trying a bit of self analysis.

My stroke seems to be pretty straight (got a CS2 putting guide / mat with little bumper / stroke guide things), but my putter is heavily toe weighted.
Does that mean the putter is correcting a natural arc in my swing? Or does it more likely mean I have a fairly straight stroke?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
seen a few pros doing video putting lessons on social media (Ed at EM golf for eg), get some one to film your stroke and maybe the forum "pros" will be able to analyse for you. Or maybe theyll let Bobmac do it (who knows what hes talking about) :)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking at possibly getting a new putter, and as fittings aren't possible at the moment I'm trying a bit of self analysis.

My stroke seems to be pretty straight (got a CS2 putting guide / mat with little bumper / stroke guide things), but my putter is heavily toe weighted.
Does that mean the putter is correcting a natural arc in my swing? Or does it more likely mean I have a fairly straight stroke?
You must be manipulating it with your hands to keep the face square.
Usually a toe weighted putter would open and close .
Only a Sam or quintic would show this up.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You must be manipulating it with your hands to keep the face square.
Usually a toe weighted putter would open and close .
Only a Sam or quintic would show this up.
Or the Ping gadget you clipped to the shaft and used with the app. They had 5 different putters for 5 different stroke profiles:)

markwalker84

Visit site
Quick update - I've managed to pinch my wife's iphone 6s and have got the iPing 2.0 app to work.

Going to MacGyver some sort of mount and see if I can get any sort of actual data to back things up.