Identifying golf grips

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is probably a strange (ridiculous?) question. But here goes anyway....

Is there anyway to identify exactly what type of golf grip I have on my irons? I know they're golf pride multicompound, but I don't know exactly which model they are....

The reason I ask is I bought my iron set second hand so the grips on them don't match up with the grips on my woods, hybrids and wedges. I've grown to love the feel of the grips on the irons so want to switch over to all the same type. Problem is, I don't know exactly what they are....

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is it not stamped on the butt end of the grip?

Well what do you know.....so it is! Good that I've been able to confirm this is indeed a ridiculous question....

The answer is that they are midsize new decade multicompound.

Out of interest spongebob, what would identify a grip as cloned / fake? Any tell tale signs?

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They usually of inferrior quality , so tend not to last as long.
Usually sold on the bay at a fraction od the price, look for anything coming from china.
I usually buy my grips from Adore and fit myself.
Easy peasy

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I tend to buy my grips from Gamola or Adore grips and usually then pay the pro/assistant to put them on as I can't be bothered. They don't hold a massive stock and so they are quite happy for me to order in specifically what I want

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well what do you know.....so it is! Good that I've been able to confirm this is indeed a ridiculous question....

The answer is that they are midsize new decade multicompound.

Out of interest spongebob, what would identify a grip as cloned / fake? Any tell tale signs?

the ones ive seen were thinner (and hence wear quicker) and also the coloured part was a bit faded

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The other thing you need to know is the diameter of the butt of the iron shaft either .580 or .600 so you order the correct internal diameter/bore of the grip.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
This is probably a strange (ridiculous?) question. But here goes anyway....

Is there anyway to identify exactly what type of golf grip I have on my irons? I know they're golf pride multicompound, but I don't know exactly which model they are....

The reason I ask is I bought my iron set second hand so the grips on them don't match up with the grips on my woods, hybrids and wedges. I've grown to love the feel of the grips on the irons so want to switch over to all the same type. Problem is, I don't know exactly what they are....

Out of interest how old are your clubs?

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Out of interest how old are your clubs?

Irons? I bought them a bit over a year ago, they hadn't received a great deal of use before my ownership. I think they were ex-demo. They're Srixon Z565s. I haven't played much so the iron grips are still in good condition.

My other clubs are older. The driver is a TaylorMade R15, but the shaft was previously in a RBZ driver (which I received via a GM fitting back in 2012, I think it was). The grip is far newer of course - 18 months old or so. The hybrids are from around 2014 or so, and the wedges are from 2012!

A mixed bag!