Ideal Loft?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What loft should I consider(for my driver and hybrids) if my swing is between 80-90mph?

Hi, there's not a pile of information to go on here but I'll take a stab at it if you like.

It's usually a given that slower swingers need more loft with the driver.
I'd recommend at least 10.5 degrees.
I'd also recommend you fill your bag with hybrids.
You haven't mentioned how long you have played and at what level you are at so I'm making some assumptions here.

Golfer2be

Visit site
Hi, there's not a pile of information to go on here but I'll take a stab at it if you like.

It's usually a given that slower swingers need more loft with the driver.
I'd recommend at least 10.5 degrees.
I'd also recommend you fill your bag with hybrids.
You haven't mentioned how long you have played and at what level you are at so I'm making some assumptions here.

Did you mean less loft?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No. If you are swinging the driver between 80 and 90 mph I'd recommend at least 10.5 degrees if not more.

For lower lofts like 8 and and 9 you need a bit of speed and a positive attack angle.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Gary has pretty much covered it. I’d suggest a driver with an adjustable loft. Partly, as Gary says, its swing speed and partly due to angle of attack(AoA). You may be hitting it on the up, giving a dynamic loft of, say, 13*. Equally, if your AoA is down, a 10.5* driver might have a dynamic loft of 8.5*.

If you go for an adjustable driver of 10.5* you will be able to tweak it either way to counter a +/- dynamic loft.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With that swing speed I would be more concerned with getting the correct shaft.
However 10.5 degree and over would be a good starting point.

Golfer2be

Visit site
Just saw the 906 5wood on eBay. I'm gonna stay with my 907 D1(9.5), and I just bought the 906 5 wood(18*). I'm gonna practice with these 906 5 wood and eventually get the 906 3 wood(I plan to buy the 3 wood).

Last edited: