I want to go home

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The last game I went to at Somerset Park I went with my daughters ex.
His company did programs for about ten premier/champ football and rugby clubs.
We sat in the stands and I said I would get him a program.
The steward told me I would have to go back outside the ground to buy a program.
How do I get back in I asked?
You will just have to but another ticket was the reply.

Strange place!

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
The last game I went to at Somerset Park I went with my daughters ex.
His company did programs for about ten premier/champ football and rugby clubs.
We sat in the stands and I said I would get him a program.
The steward told me I would have to go back outside the ground to buy a program.
How do I get back in I asked?
You will just have to but another ticket was the reply.

Strange place!

Nowhere nearly near to get a pre game libation either, shocking :(

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Give me these old grounds any day of the week. One of the biggest tragedies of modern football has been the loss of these grounds which were the heart and soul of the local community. The new out of town identikit stadiums that are springing up everywhere are an absolute disaster, I don't know any 'real' football fans that prefer them. The post euro 96, sky/soccer am watching, 3 club supporting plonkers no doubt love the leg room and 'facilities' on offer though sure. Not for me, I'll stick with good old Edgeley Park ;)

Well said, I hate the 3 sides the same, 2-tier main stand identikit grounds (Derby, Sunderland before the extension, Stoke etc).

Give me the old grounds anyday, even with all their problems. Hall of shame, was:-

Vetch Field (Swansea, for the new kids on the block). The away toilet was a 4 walled "enclosure", no drainage, 6" deep at half time with pee. Not sure if they had toilets for the lasses. I think the above stand was also condemned.

Aesthetically Oxford's was horrible, I think they had about 8 different stands, 3 on one side, all different sizes etc.

Luton (got in once whilst the away fans ban was on , the other I didn't but got the match ball, after getting kicked over the side stand) where you go in in-between people's back yards. Seeing Doris's worst duckety-grey undercrackers on the way in, doesn't set you up for a pre-match pie, believe me.

As poor as Woodison is, in terms of bad views, facilities etc, it is still a great old fashioned ground, and is one of the most atmospheric when they score in a derby.......... from memory. ;)

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have, 1st to 4th in successive seasons, old north bank derelict and closed, waterloo road stand fire damaged and closed.

Could be worse, you could be going door to door selling pegs and lucky white heather in a baggies shirt :lol:

This where you're showing that you've got a few years on me...was a mere pup when all that was going on :D

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
We need to learn from the Americans, most games full including college games, lots of entertainment and families encouraged.