I Need a Pro/Physio

Farmergeddon

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have recently broken my left hip implant for the second time in 6 years. My Consultant who has never seen or even heard of a implant being broken before, says that he does not want to stop me playing golf because it is keeping my muscles and bone mass in good shape.. I have a very flat, in to out swing that I really do not want to change however if my swing could be shown to be the reason for my breaks I will do so.. Does anyone know a pro, (and this is in the North Yorks area) who has a knowledge of how the bones in the hip work who could help me get back on the course in good shape?? My 12 weeks are up on the 15th September and I am busting to start playing again, its been a long time since May 5th the 1st tee at Fulford which was my last shot in anger...

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I have recently broken my left hip implant for the second time in 6 years. My Consultant who has never seen or even heard of a implant being broken before, says that he does not want to stop me playing golf because it is keeping my muscles and bone mass in good shape.. I have a very flat, in to out swing that I really do not want to change however if my swing could be shown to be the reason for my breaks I will do so.. Does anyone know a pro, (and this is in the North Yorks area) who has a knowledge of how the bones in the hip work who could help me get back on the course in good shape?? My 12 weeks are up on the 15th September and I am busting to start playing again, its been a long time since May 5th the 1st tee at Fulford which was my last shot in anger...

Wow poor fella! I have both hips re surfaced and can only report how great it is, I feel really sorry and hope you get everything sorted!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

And I thought I was a clumsy oaf!! :D I would have thought that for technical swing knowledge you might do well with the Pete Cowen academy at Sheffield but whether it extends as far as the function of the hip I'm not sure. Is there not a local pro that could have a look as a first step, possibly point you in the right direction? Good luck with it, hope you get sorted.

Nice part of the world by the way, where are/were you a member?

DCB

Visit site
When I had my surgery I openly told the rehab physios that golf was one of my targets. As a result a lot of the exercises I've done since have been geared to that goal. Don't think I'd have reached this point without input from the physios. I'd be looking to speak to them before speaking to a pro. The physio may give you directions on what the body ca and can't do after your surgery. The pro may then be able to help you round that if you know what the body can do....if that makes sense :)

Farmergeddon

Assistant Pro
Visit site
DCB, absolutely, IF I was receiving physio as part of the treatment but I am not so I am going to set my own up, thus this thread trying to work out who is the best person to invest my hard earned in..