I keep coming back

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
To my old putter. It's a MacGregor V-Foil M6.4KGT (the name just rolls off the tongue).
I've a couple of other mallets I've used since (Rife Hybrid Mallet, very good, won a club major with it, and Ping TR Scottsdale Senita, good but a little soft off the face for me).

The MacGregor normally comes out for the winter. Well this year I chopped it down to 33", fitted a new Winn AVS midsize grip and.......

well, it's still a lovely putter to use. Well balanced, lovely feel and sound off the face and I putt well with it. And I always ask the same question. Why not use it in the summer? Well this year I think I'll give it a good run out as it's always been the putter I've felt most comfortable with, although the Rife is a close second.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
To my old putter. It's a MacGregor V-Foil M6.4KGT (the name just rolls off the tongue).
I've a couple of other mallets I've used since (Rife Hybrid Mallet, very good, won a club major with it, and Ping TR Scottsdale Senita, good but a little soft off the face for me).

The MacGregor normally comes out for the winter. Well this year I chopped it down to 33", fitted a new Winn AVS midsize grip and.......

well, it's still a lovely putter to use. Well balanced, lovely feel and sound off the face and I putt well with it. And I always ask the same question. Why not use it in the summer? Well this year I think I'll give it a good run out as it's always been the putter I've felt most comfortable with, although the Rife is a close second.

I'm another that has tinkered with a winter and summer putter but these days I'm trying to be faithful to one model throughout the year. Hard given the fact that I have been known to change on a whim. I have an Anser that I love but I am putting nicely with my Odyssey. Love the old school looks of the Anser but getting it in the hole better with the other and determined not to chop and change every other week in 2016, especially after a bad round

Robster59

Tour Rookie
It's interesting that the lad I was playing with was back to his old Ping Zing 2 putter which he had just fitted with a superstroke grip.
I've seen him go through all sorts of putters including Scotties, counter-balanced, belly, etc. He's now sold them all and is sticking with his old Ping.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I'm another that has tinkered with a winter and summer putter but these days I'm trying to be faithful to one model throughout the year. Hard given the fact that I have been known to change on a whim. I have an Anser that I love but I am putting nicely with my Odyssey. Love the old school looks of the Anser but getting it in the hole better with the other and determined not to chop and change every other week in 2016, especially after a bad round

:rofl::whoo::eek:ne:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I've never understood why people feel the need to swap putters in the winter just because the greens are slower. Do you swap putters when it's a 10' putt or a 20' putt in summer? No, you just hit it a bit harder.

in winter, a 10' putt plays like a 15' putt. Just hit it harder.... Why change putters from one you've played with all summer to a putter you've got to get used to AND to the changing pace of the greens. Why add two variables when sticking with your original putter means you only have to consider one variable, the pace of the greens.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I've never understood why people feel the need to swap putters in the winter just because the greens are slower. Do you swap putters when it's a 10' putt or a 20' putt in summer? No, you just hit it a bit harder.

in winter, a 10' putt plays like a 15' putt. Just hit it harder.... Why change putters from one you've played with all summer to a putter you've got to get used to AND to the changing pace of the greens. Why add two variables when sticking with your original putter means you only have to consider one variable, the pace of the greens.
:thup:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
In reality it's a little more complicated than that. I have a different half set that I take with me when travelling on business and use that when I consider the course too wet for my trolley and regular full set. I know you will say it just exacerbates the situation but it's just what I do.