I have a screw loose

Lemmy

Visit site
Hi all,

new to GM forums, hope you can help solve a problem..

I have a TM tour burner driver 09 model black body and it appears that the small screw/weight at the bottom rear has loosened up and can actually unscrew entirely. I spoke to my coach and he said tkae it to AG and they will no doubt sort it as they didnt have the correct TM tool for tightening it up at the club. he even said they might just give you a tool as they are cheap and will probably have loads...

I went into AM without my club as I was just passing later in the week and asked if they ahd any spare tools I could take off their hands, to which they said I could buy one for about 30 quid - best to bring the club in and we will tighten it for you.

a week later I took the club in and got looked down the nose by some chap who said that the only other two timnes I have seen this loose was on fake clubs as it is a sealed unit and is factory tightened and not supposed to come undone and is not adjustable/interchangeable...

two things puzzled me here, if it was factory tightened and not supposed to come undone then why has it, and why does it have such an intracate head designed for a special tool. and if it is not adjustable then why have it in the first place?

is the club a fake or are they just being useless as AG?

club from Ebay reputable buyer I have compared it to other known real clubs and it is identical in every aspect, grip shaft stickers head logos everything...

anyway let me know what your thoughts are...sorry for the essay!!!

M

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have to say my gut feeling would be to say it is the usual crap AG customer service until you mentioned e-bay. Now call me a cynic but I always have doubts about a lot of stuff sold on there even from reputable buyers.

Is your coach a club pro or just a teaching pro at a range? I'm wondering if any TM stockist (pro shops) might be able to give you a better and more definitive answer

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If it's not supposed to come undone why is there a tool to tighten it up :D

Did they refuse to do it up because they thought it was a fake?
I'd just ask them to tighten it (maybe with threadlock or superglue!) and don't worry about it anymore.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
the weights are removable/changeable, hence the tool.
the tool is a preset torque driver - and is I think common across a range of TM woods. If someone in previous ownership, had been playing with the weights and didn't have the tool he would have used an allen key.

two options,
take the weight with you to Halfords, B&Q, where-ever, find the right allen key and tighten it with a bit of threadlock as Region says.
or ask a mate who has a TM wood to borrow his tool

- they <u>should</u> be supplied with the woods but AG (and DG) are known to sell them separately - around £25

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
They aren't tightened with an allen key, but a torx screw driver. Same difference though, get down to Halfords, and tighten it back up.