I am guilty of standing up when I strike the ball

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My coach said I need to stand up more when I hit the ball, as I currently come down so steep creating such a big divot. Not sure how that helps you, but I guess I'm just saying standing up isn't necessarily a bad thing.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
always real difficult when looking at just 2d golf swing motions but also more difficult when only seeing set-up address & motion from one angle in this case dtl viewpoint

helps a bunch to be able to give some general help when there is the dtl & face-on viewpoint of a swing motion when using video to checkover your own training practice sessions
(a face-on view particularly helpful in relation to ball position, head position in relation to ball, spine & shoulder angles, hands on handle and shaft angles handle to clubhead at set-up, though I get face-on view more problematic for folks with the configuration of range bays)

as always a visit to PGA pro best ways of beginning to sort stuff out - to be able to get a better handle on set-up postures & ball position from the get-go as they all have a real big say in what follows

my take would be to work backwards as to why there's a tad of ee (early {body} extension or 'standing up into the ball')
(can't see for sure as no face-on confirmation but ball position may also be a tad too far to target so more off the toes of the lead foot rather than somewhere's around the lead heel)

the initial body posture angles & arm position not in the best conditions to help out with club delivery downswing to impact & thru so that then leads to the stuff goin on in the swing, like the pretty overlong backswing which will make it more challenging to sequence the body & arms in the downswing

you can see if you freeze address a very 'upright upper body position' shoulders also appear to be pretty level, & no real pelvic tilt angle, along with arms then held outwards some & little ways 'raised up' this often times tends to put unwanted tension in the arms and shoulders
good posture a real key to where the weight pressure is at address where it's more likely to move to during the swing so affect balance and movements

a little ways better posture and set-up conditions would give better help in keeping the arms & body connected so shorten the backswing some plus balance and weight distribution so better able to keep the posture angles needed going back - which in turn would give a better shot at maintaining posture angles needed thru transition down into the halfways position (then too the clubface would be not so 'open' halfways down) & on into and thru impact

good posture and body arm relationship at set-up would be a great place to start - doing that with a PG Pro even better

[video=youtube;H-DCkQqaznY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-DCkQqaznY[/video]