Hypothetical start sheet question

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
This is a purely hypothetical scenario that could have happened yesterday and, randomly, popped into my head just now
It was one of our big board comps and the weather was shocking in the morning
Many players pulled out.
The start sheet was determined by the BRS booking system...times had to be booked...no booking, no play
The comp was running until something like 3pm start time
If a 3 ball cancelled their 8.30 slot via BRS but rebooked it for, say, 2.30 (when the weather had passed) would this be fine, frowned upon or downright breaking the rules..?
This rebooting would have been after the comp began but before their time..
Does the BRS sheet count as an official start sheet... :unsure:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have it written in our rules that players can only cancel from a comp by asking the office to do it, cancellation must be made no later than than the day before the competition (at one time it was two days before the comp).

We use IG and the start sheet displayed is an official part of of a comp.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
This is a purely hypothetical scenario that could have happened yesterday and, randomly, popped into my head just now
It was one of our big board comps and the weather was shocking in the morning
Many players pulled out.
The start sheet was determined by the BRS booking system...times had to be booked...no booking, no play
The comp was running until something like 3pm start time
If a 3 ball cancelled their 8.30 slot via BRS but rebooked it for, say, 2.30 (when the weather had passed) would this be fine, frowned upon or downright breaking the rules..?
This rebooting would have been after the comp began but before their time..
Does the BRS sheet count as an official start sheet... :unsure:
Our ladies competitions I believe are closed at 08:00 on the day of the competition. We are not allowed to change times after that. It's just tough if the weather is crap for your tee time and imo that's the way it should be.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Was it a comp only booking on the tee sheet ?

And it will also depend on the Terms of Conditions of the Comp

We can only change bookings times until 6pm the night before

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
As I said it just popped into my mind..I don't know what the T&Cs for our comps are but, assuming no change is allowed, I imagine it would be a DQ..?

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
We close our tee sheet at 5pm two days before each competition. Any changes after this are at the discretion of the competition organiser for the event. If you leave the tee sheet right up to the time of competition and hsve nothing in the ToC that prevents players making ladt minutes changes, then it is ok.

Steven Rules

Visit site
This is a matter of club and Committee policy and may be covered in the Terms of the Competition or a Code of Conduct (in the unlikely event that the club has one of the latter).

Rule 5.3a says "... the player must be ready to play at the starting time and starting point set by the Committee."

Rule 5.4b says "During a round, the player must remain in the group set by the Committee, unless the Committee approves a change either before or after it happens."

The penalty for a breach of either of those is disqualification.

The answer to your specific original scenario, though, can be answered only by your Committee.

Addendum. It certainly isn't "...downright breaking the rules."

Last edited:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I can imagine scenarios where a committee might permit a change of tee time on the day but if players are ‘pulling out’ then rebooking simply in order to play in better conditions than the draw offered them then that’s pretty naff & (I hope) it wouldn’t be permitted, it’s just not equitable

PaulMdj

Visit site
It’s only our main Comps thst our drawn, all others are “first come, first served” when the sheet opens(approx 8 days prior)

No issue with people booking on the day if space available or people changing their times etc.

The only part the Club clamp down on is people withdrawing or not turning up on the day of the Comp without informing anyone, first time player(s) are spoken to, second time is a verbal warning, persistent offenders are banned from Comps for a short period.