Hybrids

conon

Visit site
Can you suggest 2 Cobra hybrids to fit in between my 3 wood and 5 iron. I play off 23 and hit my 3 wood about 180 yds.

Thanks

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Why Cobra particularly ?

But if I were getting Cobra myself, I'd want to get them custom fit. It seems to be something they push on their website, so it shouldn't be too difficult to arrange.

Then you can get your yardages spot on.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can you suggest 2 Cobra hybrids to fit in between my 3 wood and 5 iron. I play off 23 and hit my 3 wood about 180 yds.

I think a lot depends on your distances and whether you carry/trolley a full bag.

I often play (to carry, for fun games) with just a 3 wood, a rescue and 5-SW not including an extra wedge.

A 20 degree utility (that's what Cobra do) may well fill the gap nicely 1/2 way between the 2 clubs. You could buy two, but i.m.o. 2 rescue clubs is a bit OTT. I know a lot of folk on here have 2, but taking 10 yards off a lower lofted rescue is not so hard if the situation requires.
Maybe start with one (a regular player model, maybe not a tour version) and see how you get on.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you hot the 3 wood 180, how far do you hit the 5 iron? Maybe only one hybrid is needed.

Golf magazine (US) says that players who shoot 85 or more should ditch the 3 wood for a 4 wood which they will hit higher and farther.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you hot the 3 wood 180, how far do you hit the 5 iron? Maybe only one hybrid is needed.

That was also my thinking. The bigger the gap between clubs, the more need for more clubs (if you know what I mean).