Hybrid vs Driving Iron

markgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Personal preference to be honest, I have tried hybrids and never got on with them and at around £150 the driving irons were a little steep for me so I went for a 7 wood and love it.

They are not for old golfers but do come with free membership to Saga:whistle:

Only reason i ask that is because a guy i play against regular uses one he is 35 years old so not old and hits it really well off tee and fairay.

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only reason i ask that is because a guy i play against regular uses one he is 35 years old so not old and hits it really well off tee and fairay.

I use one and am only 38 so not for old golfers at all.

However it does cause a few sniggers when I say time for my gentleman's persuader...

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I love my MPH4 driving irons. Easy to hit from the tee on tight par 4s, also easy enough to hit from the light rough. I even use them for chip and runs around the green. Very sceptical when I was advised to buy them, but so glad I did. They did take a little bit of getting use to from the fairway, but they do offer the opportunity to hit high shots and low stingers in the wind now I have got the hang of how to use them.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
U
For those not wanting to part with £150 I think these can be picked up for £60ish

https://www.mdgolf.co.uk/products/77/superstrong-str10-hybrid-iron

May be worth a punt

Best price £53 delivered I am very close to pushing the go button for a trial. I love my stage 2 hybrids off the deck but do some hit some poor poor tee shots so thinking of having option to mix and match bag for course and condition, previously i have used Ping 2 iron to great effect.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is a 7 wood for senior golfer? is there much difference from a 21 fairway to a 21 hybrid??????

you are asking 2 seperate questions

1. no
2. yes

on the wider issue I agree with Tommo's post

there's a whole lot in the marketing of long irons, driving irons, hybrids & fairways woods that mirrors more basic issues - basically everyone has been looking for easy distance and accuracy from the fairway (or tee) for as long as golf has been played.

it has been argued that it was easier when there were neither choices nor marketing!!!