Hybrid Bag Lovers

TigerBear

Visit site
Hello fellow golfer who loves the benefit of a slightly bigger bag and who can equally carry, cart or trolley their bag whenever they please.

Just returned a Taylormade Flextech crossover as the strap system was horrible. Faulty bag that would never sit properly on your back.

Never had a bag other than Taylormade so I'm open to all suggestions?

Cheers
TB

RichA

Visit site
Not an aficionado of bags, but my Ping Hoofer is excellent. Double strap that's removable if you prefer a single, trolley/cart strap channel, good pockets, excellent quality and sensible price. I don't recommend many things, but I guess there's a reason why they just tweak it slightly every year rather than completely redesigning.

TigerBear

Visit site
Mate has recommended this. I prefer a large club well which I think the hoofer has.

One on the list to see in person

Cheers

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve a Motocaddy aquaflex that does all it’s supposed to. The little pins on the bottom that sit into a Motocaddy trolley an added bonus

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Look at the Big Max offerings, they are excellent. I recently bought one of their waterproof hybrid bags, loads of pockets and fits on my Powakaddy trolley perfectly thanks to the little cutout thing on the base of the bag.
My only regret, I didn't buy one years ago.

D

Deleted member 16999

I’ve a Motocaddy aquaflex that does all it’s supposed to. The little pins on the bottom that sit into a Motocaddy trolley an added bonus
^This^ I have the same one bought it as I prefer to carry in the winter and now use it all the time.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Look at the Big Max offerings, they are excellent. I recently bought one of their waterproof hybrid bags, loads of pockets and fits on my Powakaddy trolley perfectly thanks to the little cutout thing on the base of the bag.

I have one as well (Aqua 2). Got it on ebay with 20% off voucher last year. Absolutely brilliant. If the pockets were just a little bigger and easy to get into I would use it all year round, rather than just the winter/wet weather.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have one as well (Aqua 2). Got it on ebay with 20% off voucher last year. Absolutely brilliant. If the pockets were just a little bigger and easy to get into I would use it all year round, rather than just the winter/wet weather.

I bought a dri lite hybrid but the older version as it has much larger pockets than the new one.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I bought a dri lite hybrid but the older version as it has much larger pockets than the new one.

Good choice. With mine I'm always worried that if I put too much in, the zips are going to break. They're a little bit stiff as it is. Hopefully they will loosen up over time.

D

Deleted member 29109

I just use my Ouul carry bag. As its super lightweight and waterproof. The strap could be a little better but overall its a great bag.

On the trolley its fine as long as I remember to velcro the legs down and use the correct bungee cord on the bottom.

The pockets aren't massive, but ai only take a minimal amount of stuff out with me so that's not a problem.

mister v

Visit site
another vote for the big max aqua 14 , its just a really well thought out bag, waterproof , lots of pockets, fits well on a trolley. go on buy it now with next day delivery for tomorrow!!!!

RichA

Visit site
I looked at the Big Max bags. It's a silly detail but I was put off by the "VALUE POCKET".
Obviously, it's a translation typo and means valuables pocket, but why would you advertise where you've stashed your wallet, car keys and phone?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I looked at the Big Max bags. It's a silly detail but I was put off by the "VALUE POCKET".
Obviously, it's a translation typo and means valuables pocket, but why would you advertise where you've stashed your wallet, car keys and phone?
Because usually a thief would just choose one pocket at random, and if it's not there they give up and leg it?

Grizzly

Visit site
Totally. Just bought the Drilite Hybrid 2 and I love it. It is bigger than some as a stand bag but it's so comfy to carry and totally waterproof. They are not a name brand but the quality is impeccable.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Totally. Just bought the Drilite Hybrid 2 and I love it. It is bigger than some as a stand bag but it's so comfy to carry and totally waterproof. They are not a name brand but the quality is impeccable.

I've come from Titleist and Sun Mountain waterproof bags, both of which have failed quite dramatically in a short period of time. You look at the straps and general build quality of the Big Max bags and it just fills you with confidence.

TigerBear

Visit site
Cheers for all the replies (y)

Big Max seems to be the popular hybrid bag of choice on the forum. Will definitely check this out in person.

Although some of the reviews of Big Max I found online aren't the best when it comes to build quality and the straps?

Ah decisions, decisions :ROFLMAO:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

This, although I’ve got the newer hydro flex. A very well thought out bag that works well on and off the trolley. To get the best from it as a trolley bag you should ideally use a motocaddy for the interlock, but it works well on other trolleys I’ve tried.

I’d previously used sun mountain H2no and titleist stadry which are basically the same bag, but noticed the quality going down, the quality on the hyper flex is awesome and above that of the original h2no

sunshine

Visit site
Cheers for all the replies (y)

Big Max seems to be the popular hybrid bag of choice on the forum. Will definitely check this out in person.

Although some of the reviews of Big Max I found online aren't the best when it comes to build quality and the straps?

Ah decisions, decisions :ROFLMAO:

I have a big max hybrid bag. It was the only waterproof bag I could find that had the same amount of pocket space as a standard stand bag. There are a few more options now, but they are horrendously expensive.

I agree that, compared to other brands, the Big Max straps aren't as wide or as well padded as other brands. It's no big deal, not a show stopper for me. Also, the outer membrane on the right shoulder pad has cracked as this is where I pick it up, but that's just cosmetic damage.

Conclusion: pretty good all rounder but not perfect.

sunshine

Visit site

I have a Big Max bag and there is no sign advertising a value pocket!

That does sound rather silly, but then plenty of bags have pointless labels all over them.