How to hit a fade?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I stand a little closer with the stance opened, works a treat. If I stand the same distance as my normal draw I can turn it over into a dirty hook instead so need to remember to move a couple of inches closer.

come on brendy, when setting up like this you know you get the thought " dont shank it "

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
The driver/wood is the only type of club where I honestly dont think that. (I am partially crippled by these thoughts I have to admit and really must get out with the wedges and my shagbag before captains day this saturday).
At Castlerock though I played an absolute load of trash (2 drivers went off like shanks I have to admit, Mark Sterrit will happily back that one up as he was laughing at me!), as for the rest of my game, it was poor that day, I put it down to tiredness and lack of concentration. It was so poor, I swear, I skied a tap in that day, just got too far under it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Went to a clinic by Monty. He said the easiest way was to point the club right at addressand then grip it normally and swing as you would usually. You've efectively weakened the grip and the hands should work through normally. Works for me