How often do you play to your handicap?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
An interesting take on this would be that I probably play to my handicap probably once out of three, better once, and worse once. So in theory my h/cap is wrong.

But.....

This is not off the back tees, with the pins in their medal positions. This makes at least a 4 shot difference perhaps more.

Remember, your h/cap is not your average game on a short course, it is the result of medal play on the 'proper' course, with all the pressure that goes with it.

I put in about 8 cards a year, and shoot beeter than my h/cap about once a year, which has kept me off 12 for 14 years. It can't be wrong.

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Murph has got a very valid point. I have not shot more that two rounds above my revised handicap all winter but it will be interesting to see what happens when I am on the back tee's with a bit of pressure!

I am betting I crumble! :)

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I played 33 medal rounds last year and never got cut at all.

Missed the buffer zone eight times so went up .8 over the season. That means i had 25 rounds in the buffer zone so overall i was quite steady but some of those 25 did include some 5hite finishes.

Boabski

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
not played to handicap since getting it on the second last madal last season , and by the way i am hacking about just now it's scaring me

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I agree with most of you guys,in that 1 in 4/5 times I play to my handicap.

I have been guilty though (apart from last Sunday-the pain is still there) of playing the golf of my life over the last few weeks and have only once dropped below 39point (SUNDAY!!!)

We have the first qualifier of the year on Saturday and our h/cap sec is slavering waiting to get at me.

He has ulterior motives tho, we play a good deal together and are due to be in Portugal for a week in April,and he couldnt touch me all Winter!!

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
I'll be perfectly honest and suggest I have yet to play to my handicap since getting my handicap.

I find I sometimes play a blinder on the front 9 then mess it up on the back nine and vice versa. Call it lack of consistency, I call it very frustrating!

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
J_F after today I would have to agree with you, my mates have cut me to 8 for our bounce games, they are fed up paying for lunch. :D