How Much! Odyssey Putter

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
It looks very pretty.

People pay £400+ for a driver that they use about 40 times in a round, yet squirm at paying £300+ for a putter they’ll use 30 times in a round...

At the end of the day everyone wants to shoot lower scores. Some are willing to try and buy a better game at any price.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I paid £20 for my putter new about 12-5 years ago. I couldn't imagine paying more for something that requires so little technology to make. I can three putt like the best.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
It looks very pretty.

People pay £400+ for a driver that they use about 40 times in a round, yet squirm at paying £300+ for a putter they’ll use 30 times in a round...

At the end of the day everyone wants to shoot lower scores. Some are willing to try and buy a better game at any price.

there must be some long holes at your new course Brian:rofl:

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I can't comment whatsoever with my Bettinardi Queen Bee @ £300+. I loved the look of the putter and the feel.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I paid £20 for my putter new about 12-5 years ago. I couldn't imagine paying more for something that requires so little technology to make. I can three putt like the best.

That's exactly my thoughts as much as I use my putter at most the length of putts is under 40ft and no need for major changes in tech year on year

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Paid 140 odd for my putter and I thought that was a lot. I justified it as it being possibly the most important club in the bag though - as said above you're hitting it 30+ times a round (often 40 times for me! :mad:) so it makes sense to spend a bit on it. But I would never as spent as much as this one. 140-150 was probably the limit in all honesty. You can get a very good putter for that so there's no need to spend any more at all.

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I really like the look of it, if I had a fitting and this produced the best results then I’d pay the money, but I do think it’s a lot of money to pay.

D

Deleted Member 1156

It's cheaper than the latest range of Scotty Camerons.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I've just seen an advert for Sergio's new putter. It is a thing of beauty to me but £329 :eek:! Holy cow that is a lot. Do you think it contains platinum?

https://www.americangolf.co.uk/golf...rks-exo-rossie-superstroke-putter-337676.html

A thing of beauty?????????????

I've seen branding irons that are more attractive.

Don't get me wrong....I've played some fugly putters in my time so perhaps the horse that I'm preaching from is higher than it deserves to be but phew....that's not pretty!!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A thing of beauty?????????????

I've seen branding irons that are more attractive.

Don't get me wrong....I've played some fugly putters in my time so perhaps the horse that I'm preaching from is higher than it deserves to be but phew....that's not pretty!!

My feelings too. butt ugly putter IMO. :rofl:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My feelings too. butt ugly putter IMO. :rofl:
Yeah I must say, I've always disliked putters that look like a Star Wars battle cruiser. They might be the very best in alignment tech, but I don't want to look down at my putt and see one of those enormous things.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I really like the look of it, if I had a fitting and this produced the best results then I’d pay the money, but I do think it’s a lot of money to pay.

my B/day present was a fitted putter, tried a range a picked the one that worked best, then asked the price. As it happens it was expensive but golf is my only 'vice'

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I used a Taylormade tour ghost blade putter for a good while costing me £30 off a mate but recently upgraded to a new £200 Taylormade spider tour in black.i tried all sorts and this just felt so right and gave me confidence from the off so couldn’t leave it there as a result I’ve pretty much eliminated 3 putts and I’m sinking more putts as a result .You only live once so why not spend a couple of quid when it suits.