How Much! Odyssey Putter

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
a 3 foot putt is worth the same as 300 yard drive! Why not pay the same money!

Putting 25-36 putts per round - Driver maximum 13 times during a round. (well at my course 13 times)
Which should you be paying more money for?

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah I must say, I've always disliked putters that look like a Star Wars battle cruiser. They might be the very best in alignment tech, but I don't want to look down at my putt and see one of those enormous things.

It is one fugly looking putter and I think it looks more like a Romulan Warbird.

I get What Brian says about the putter costing more, my Edel putter cost fair whack but I'm not parting with it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Plenty of big ugly putters with hefty price tags out there (some of the Cameron futura range don't suit my eyes at all). It's all about how they perform for the user and if a model suits the eye, sits well in the hands and gets the ball in the hole and I would pay a premium price if I thought a putter would perform better than the ones I have. At the moment I've not found one and having gone back to my Anser Cadence blade with a thicker grip I'm putting well

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Plenty of big ugly putters with hefty price tags out there (some of the Cameron futura range don't suit my eyes at all). It's all about how they perform for the user and if a model suits the eye, sits well in the hands and gets the ball in the hole and I would pay a premium price if I thought a putter would perform better than the ones I have. At the moment I've not found one and having gone back to my Anser Cadence blade with a thicker grip I'm putting well

Have you given up on the YouTube channel homer? gone a bit quiet on that front. Thought you would be knocking out the content now the summer is finally here.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The difference between paying a lot for a driver and a lot for a putter.-

The amount of lost golf balls between one club and the other.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have you given up on the YouTube channel homer? gone a bit quiet on that front. Thought you would be knocking out the content now the summer is finally here.

Work is a mare and currently trying to cover two full time roles. I've got some stuff coming up once I get a chance to edit it all. We've Royal Ascot next week so the club is a no go zone really but hoping to really get a lot done the following week. Off to meet an interesting guy tomorrow for something I'm potentially doing for the online Golfhacker magazine which may make a good video piece too

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Work is a mare and currently trying to cover two full time roles. I've got some stuff coming up once I get a chance to edit it all. We've Royal Ascot next week so the club is a no go zone really but hoping to really get a lot done the following week. Off to meet an interesting guy tomorrow for something I'm potentially doing for the online Golfhacker magazine which may make a good video piece too

Was just wondering as the linear teaser was 2 months ago. was interested to see you using that.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Was just wondering as the linear teaser was 2 months ago. was interested to see you using that.

That's the next one due out. My take as I'm relatively self taught on the method (bar a one hour class two years ago with Gary Smith, which only ironed out a couple of small set up faults. Other than that he was actually impressed at how I'd interpreted it). Not a tuition video as such and more a demonstration of how to play the various shots. Been working it hard this week and very happy with how it's coming along and transferring to the course

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It seems part of a general trend now regarding golf club prices.They have really jumped in the past 12-18 months and they are using their highly priced pros to push the new products.

New funcky designs and colours only mask the fact their isn't any really new innovation happening so they make them a fashion item.

Understand all the comments but if we as golfers keep buying PXG, Scotty Cameron and the like they will keep making them and keep pushing up the price until we stop.

Only got to look how much they depreciate in the second hand market to understand the true worth.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Just out of interest have the average putts on tour dramatically reduced since the days of the heel weighted blade or the original Ping Anser?

If the pros could sink it just as well with those old putters as the current ones can with the massive mallets then perhaps it's more down to technique and feel than it is down to putter technology

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I love a good putter and tend to be a bit of a magpie. My garage has a fair few flat sticks.

The current one, my Edel, will not be shifted from the bag for the foreseeable. It’s now my longest serving putter:

7A363429-2BED-437D-9343-5723F6C0F18D.jpeg

D29A6D13-DBDD-419D-A96B-1447A6685984.jpeg

I did also pick this up as I’ve always loved the two ball and loved the colours this...

EFBA95C6-8199-480A-B9FE-8D364C01FA8F.jpeg

725ED0ED-C512-493C-86F3-7792DE03F979.jpeg

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can’t believe these people who buy putters all the time. Just get one and stick with it for goodness sake :rofl:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just out of interest have the average putts on tour dramatically reduced since the days of the heel weighted blade or the original Ping Anser?

If the pros could sink it just as well with those old putters as the current ones can with the massive mallets then perhaps it's more down to technique and feel than it is down to putter technology

Is it not a bit like drivers? The new tech is mainly for us amateurs. The new putters help the ball roll, give a consistent feel across the face. Pro's probably hit the sweet spot every time. They will benefit but not as much as we do.

When I look at old footage the greens look pretty poor. Maybe that is just the quality of the cameras. Can older forumers expand on that? Has modern green keeping equipment improved the quality of greens or were they just as good back in the day?

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is it not a bit like drivers? The new tech is mainly for us amateurs. The new putters help the ball roll, give a consistent feel across the face. Pro's probably hit the sweet spot every time. They will benefit but not as much as we do.

When I look at old footage the greens look pretty poor. Maybe that is just the quality of the cameras. Can older forumers expand on that? Has modern green keeping equipment improved the quality of greens or were they just as good back in the day?

I have been playing for 45 years, the trouble is 45 years ago I could not afford to play on decent courses, my memory says the public courses I played were OK but slower than I play on now (I suspect?)