How much do you pay for a monitor session?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We booked to play at a local course yesterday, but just as we got there some very heavy fog came down and it was too dangerous to play.

I knew the place had a monitor so asked if it was available. Was told it was, and it would be £40 for an hour. £40!

Said no thanks and drove along to a nearby course where we got on their GC2 for a tenner. Was supposed to be for an hour, but no one was booked for later so they let us stay on for the best part of 2 hours before they closed up.

This was the first time we had hired a monitor, enjoyed it but Celtic Manor was probably not the best choice as I was never out the sand and my mate was never out the water:D

Anyway, whats the going rate for a monitor session? 40 quid struck me as frankly ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 16999

We booked to play at a local course yesterday, but just as we got there some very heavy fog came down and it was too dangerous to play.

I knew the place had a monitor so asked if it was available. Was told it was, and it would be £40 for an hour. £40!

Said no thanks and drove along to a nearby course where we got on their GC2 for a tenner. Was supposed to be for an hour, but no one was booked for later so they let us stay on for the best part of 2 hours before they closed up.

This was the first time we had hired a monitor, enjoyed it but Celtic Manor was probably not the best choice as I was never out the sand and my mate was never out the water:D

Anyway, whats the going rate for a monitor session? 40 quid struck me as frankly ridiculous.
Depends on the Monitor and what it’s being used for,

4 Mates playing Celtic Manor, £10.00 each - not bad
Going on your own - £40.00 expensive.

Whickham have been doing reduced rates on their simulator.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Depends on the Monitor and what it’s being used for,

4 Mates playing Celtic Manor, £10.00 each - not bad
Going on your own - £40.00 expensive.

Whickham have been doing reduced rates on their simulator.

£40 an hour is never good value tho as the more people go the more time you need on sim

3 of us 2 hours 30 to play 18 at sawgrass

D

Deleted member 16999

£40 an hour is never good value tho as the more people go the more time you need on sim

3 of us 2 hours 30 to play 18 at sawgrass
Depends on the Club, some charge per person, some by the hour.

Ours is being built as we speak and I’ve done extensive research on them up here in the NE, there’s no 1 way fits all answer.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Depends on the Club, some charge per person, some by the hour.

Ours is being built as we speak and I’ve done extensive research on them up here in the NE, there’s no 1 way fits all answer.

Max cost per hour should be £20, regardless of numbers. You can make more on food and drinks

D

Deleted member 16999

Max cost per hour should be £20, regardless of numbers. You can make more on food and drinks
There’s no “should be” about it, it’s upto the Clubs what they wish to charge, there is also the variable in what sort of simulator they have fitted.
Would you expect to pay the same hire charge for a Porsche as you would a Corsa?
Sadly, more expensive/exclusive clubs tend to charge more.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
There’s no “should be” about it, it’s upto the Clubs what they wish to charge, there is also the variable in what sort of simulator they have fitted.
Would you expect to pay the same hire charge for a Porsche as you would a Corsa?
Sadly, more expensive/exclusive clubs tend to charge more.

The daft thing yesterday is that place which wanted to charge us £40 an hour for the simulator was only going to charge us £12 each for a round before the fog came down and the course was unplayable.

D

Deleted member 16999

The daft thing yesterday is that place which wanted to charge us £40 an hour for the simulator was only going to charge us £12 each for a round before the fog came down and the course was unplayable.
Totally daft, Wynyard is £40.00ph, Wickham normally £15-£20ph

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ive never been able to pay just for a monitor but have been to an indoor golf centre where your own bay on trackman was £50 for an hour. Think that included coaching if you wanted it though.

£12 sounds an amazing price.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Best value one by far is my local range

Top trace tech on the bays

20 bays

Can do launch mon, target Golf, sim golf, whatever you fancy

£7 for 120 balls take as long as u want and even get more balls

Downside is it’s always busy now so I hate going there and go the other range