How many rounds in a day?

jasondransfieldgolf

Challenge Tour Pro
jasondransfieldgolf.wordpress.com
A quick question to everyone, has anyone undertaken a challenge to play a number of rounds in a day.

I have decided to attempt 10 rounds in one day on foot no buggies. Any advice off those that have done challenges would be much appreciated.

I feel the biggest challenge will be the condition of my feet.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Where are you planning this? Even in the north of Scotland in the summer you would be lucky to have 20 hours of daylight in a day which would equate to 2 hours a round! Good luck!

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've done 100 holes in a day.
Take spare clothes socks and shoes
Also jelly babies and lots of water

Your really pushing it for time

D

Deleted member 1147

As a youngster I did 3.5 rounds, (63 holes).
It took all day, when taking into account food/drinks stops.
100 holes is undertaken for charity but I've never heard of anyone trying 180!
Good luck 👍

Craigg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Around your track that's over 35 miles in a straight line off the yellows. All the best with that one :mad:

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Did the McMillan 4 rounds in a day thing last year. Started pretty much in the dark before dawn on the second longest day of the year... only just finished in time.
Not sure how you're ever going to manage this tbh, but good luck regardless!

G

guest100718

Make sure everyone on the course knows and gets out the way.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
45 min per round? On an 18 hole course? Unless we are talking pitch-n-putt, that means some serious running. Speed golfers get around in about that time. Unless you have at least one marathon under your belt and are still in full training, I really would advise against this, because you seriously endanger your health. Ten rounds means at least 60 miles an a shorter course if you keep it on the fairway. That's about two marathons. But if you do: make sure to stay hydrated and carbed up, take only one club and a putter (or a caddie who is crazy enough to run along) and schedule it for the end of June, because of the daylight.

G

guest100718

45 min per round? On an 18 hole course? Unless we are talking pitch-n-putt, that means some serious running. Speed golfers get around in about that time. Unless you have at least one marathon under your belt and are still in full training, I really would advise against this, because you seriously endanger your health. Ten rounds means at least 60 miles an a shorter course if you keep it on the fairway. That's about two marathons. But if you do: make sure to stay hydrated and carbed up, take only one club and a putter (or a caddie who is crazy enough to run along) and schedule it for the end of June, because of the daylight.

1:45

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Make sure you encourage the members to "abstain from golf" for a day, in aid of a good cause.

Great way to clear the course and get extra donations.