How many rounds in a day?

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Make sure you encourage the members to "abstain from golf" for a day, in aid of a good cause.

Great way to clear the course and get extra donations.
Sure that will go down well! As for the 10 rounds, it seems a bit ambitious but hats off if you can pull it off, not a cat in hells chance I would attemp that.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good luck with it but I just don't see how this is possible. Even at a jogging pace you're looking at 12 hours solid walking, taking it at average walking pace (3mph) takes it to over 19. Thats before you allow for hitting shots, drink/food stops, clothes changes, toilet breaks etc. Are you having caddies or dragging your own bag round? Like I said the very best of luck with it but I think you've bitten off a lot more than you can chew!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
A quick question to everyone, has anyone undertaken a challenge to play a number of rounds in a day.

I have decided to attempt 10 rounds in one day on foot no buggies. Any advice off those that have done challenges would be much appreciated.

I feel the biggest challenge will be the condition of my feet.

Good luck mate. That sounds brutal. Myself, NWJocko, Birchy and qwerty did 4 in a day for charity a few years ago. 1 at SAOL, 1 at Blackpool North Shore and it ended up being 2 at Fairhaven as we were too early for our tee time at Lytham Green Drive.

I'll honest, my calves were on fire by the end and my feet were aching. One of my lasting memories was Dave walking up the 18th at Fairhaven like john Wayne. It was a warm day.

My advice, take 4 clubs in a pencil bag, don't pick a day that's brutally hot, drink lots of water, spare clothes, and take lots of 'energy food' bananas etc.

I take it that it's for charity? Let us know the justgiving page etc !

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Best of luck with this, some going to get 10 rounds in, not sure I could manage it! As per others let me know the Just Giving page :thup:

As Junior said we did the 72 holes in a day, I'm going to do/try 100 holes in a day (as a minimum) at mine this summer, assuming I can arrange with the club.......

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
A quick question to everyone, has anyone undertaken a challenge to play a number of rounds in a day.

I have decided to attempt 10 rounds in one day on foot no buggies. Any advice off those that have done challenges would be much appreciated.

I feel the biggest challenge will be the condition of my feet.

Our old Pro did 8 rounds in a day on 4 different courses, all on foot however he did have a caddy + several volunteers ball spoting, he started at first light in june if I remember and finished around 9pm, he was out on his feet at the end of it.

Good luck with 10 rounds, it is possible I guess on one course but will take some doing.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
be impossible at my course.

4.5 hour rounds from members and no one plays through

good luck though will def sponsor if you make it through that! double if you do it under par.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Done 72 holes in one day for macmillian. Started at 5am in June and finished at 9 ish having walked 26 miles in total carrying all the way. My advice is;

Socks - change them after every round
Talcum powder - use it liberally
I changed shirts after every round and trousers/shorts once
Showered mid way to give me a boost
Drink plenty of water
stretch
Eat well - no mars bars/sweets or stuff that spikes your blood sugar levels - you'll only get a boost for about 1 hour before it crashes your levels - plus sweets make you fat and your teeth fall out - opt for nuts/bananas and food high in protein etc

Last edited:

jasondransfieldgolf

Challenge Tour Pro
jasondransfieldgolf.wordpress.com
Hi everyone, thanks for the advice and support, I love the fact that some say it can't be done. That means to me it is a challenge! The date is now confirmed as June 21st at Heswall Golf Club. I will be raising money for four charities - Clatterbridge Cancer Charity, Maggies (Clatterbridge), Claire House and St John's Hospice. I will be setting a donation page up over the next couple of weeks and will be starting a blog of my training/thoughts etc. I will post it here when this is set up. I have a number of exams over the next 6 weeks or so, so it is a case of juggling things around with work, coaching, revision and this, so it's taking a little longer to get off the ground, plus its taken a bit of time talking to the club, Captain's and all the charities.