How long for results?

Lawrence22

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Typically how long does it take your club to publish competition results? Recently has been taking up to a week at my place. Still waiting to see how I did on Sunday.:confused:

the smiling assassin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Live leaderboard available online, so can check results at end of day from home or wherever, before they're published. Formally published the next day, or very occasionally not until Monday for a Saturday comp. Can even have a sneaky peek at the estimated CSS on the 18th tee incase I need to chase a birdie for a cut or buffer.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Typically how long does it take your club to publish competition results? Recently has been taking up to a week at my place. Still waiting to see how I did on Sunday.:confused:

are they done by volunteers or paid employees?

whilst there are a significant number of potential issues impacting the timing, the answer to the above question covers the issue of whether to complain or get involved.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Usually the next day unless it's a bank holiday comp over several days. Only other time is if there's some sort of discrepancy to be resolved. Given it's a voluntary and thankless role I'm happy with the service our handicap secretary gives us

Lawrence22

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think it is done on a voluntary basis at our place, but it used to be very prompt, but recently results seem to be taking ages. Still no idea about last Sundays result. It's nothing I feel the need to complain about was just wondering if it was the norm.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Live leaderboard available online, so can check results at end of day from home or wherever, before they're published. Formally published the next day, or very occasionally not until Monday for a Saturday comp. Can even have a sneaky peek at the estimated CSS on the 18th tee incase I need to chase a birdie for a cut or buffer.

yes, we have the same. Live score. handicap changes can sometimes be the Monday when the office check all the cards.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Within half an hour of comp finish normally as there are couple of us doing it. Worst case 2 days but very rare and published direct to HDID, not sure why it's cumbersome as its automatic. Plus CDH database updated at same time.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
What software provides the live leaderboard for you guys? Sounds good to me.....

Ive no idea Karen, we have had this the whole time Ive been at the club, its really quite good.

Except when you have played in the morning and its been blowing a gale and shot a score thats just short of buffer and its says a high CSS, then a load of guys go out and shoot the lights out and the css drops when the comp closes:(