How is your course standing up to the weather?

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Ours is actually closed today, which really took me by surprise. There was quite a bit of rain last night, but normally the course handles that amount of water quite well. This time the ground was still frozen solid, so I guess the water had nowhere to go. I hope they will open up again tomorrow (even though the forecast shows a chance of some more rain to come).

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Open today but very wet in places and standing water on some fairways and in the rough. There are some areas around the approaches and around the greens that are churned up terribly despite roped off areas directing golfers away with trollies.

D

Deleted member 16999

Spoke to our Greenkeeper yesterday about the course and damage, he said his priority are the greens first and foremost, all greens have white lines painted in front of them and signs saying no trolleys allowed beyond the lines, when I quizzed him on the state of some of the fairways and surrounding areas due to either standing water tyre tracks from Greenkeepers vehicles or trolleys etc, he said he wasn't too bothered as I'd be amazed just how quick those areas will recover, the guy is obviously a professional and during the previous few years our course has been in fantastic condition, maybe we should have more faith in them and if and when our courses are closed we understand it's for the right reasons.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well got another round in today with the lads, it was a bit slow due to a few slow players in front of us but we managed to get through a few fourballs & leave them behind. The course was good & rather dry so all was well & we managed to win our match 3&1, few temp tees but full greens & happy with a scratch 67

D

Deleted member 15344

Course drying out lovely - green in great nick which shows that the greenkeeper has it spot on in regards playing on frozen greens.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
First time open in 25 days yesteday, played today and some very boggy places but generally not too bad. Greens were black as been treated by greenkeepers but putted ok , still on 8 temps though, mainly to help with traffic from green to tee to avoid worst of the bogs

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Course fully opened - some roping off of a few very wet areas and a little bit of flooding at courses lowest point - but generally dry underfoot and lovely playing.

Berger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Our back 9 was open today and yesterday and to be honest it probably should've stayed shut. Very wet in places despite being the higher part of the course, I'd dread to see what the bottom holes are like.

trollies have made a right mess in some spots, particularly around the winter tee areas. With more rain forecast for the whole week ahead it's not going to improve any time soon. I think it'll be range only for me until the start of March.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Its not standing up to the weather like most courses. If its not closed, it will be Temp greens and wet sodden fairways I assume based on its history. i've not stepped foot on the since end of October. I just cannot see the point in playing when the course is so wet and on temps and blowing a gale. I would rather have a couple of lessons, work on some drills and practice ready to hopefully start playing again some time in Feb

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
18 holes open, all temp tees and greens but I can live with that.

Course was drier than I was expecting so fingers crossed for a dry week ahead and hopefully we'll be back on main greens.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Open but the overnight rain did it no favours at all and it's now very, very wet. Can't see any merit in slopping around on a course where balls are plugging in the fairways and some have standing water on

Darth Fader

Club Champion
Visit site
Extremely wet and has been closed on several occasions today being one of them. Played a few holes during the xmas break but the course was in pretty bad nick.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our place had been holding up well, just yesterday it was a bit damp in places but in general fairways still fairly firm. Only two winter greens on.

Today however slightly different story, rain appeared to be of biblical proportions overnight, still only a couple of winter greens but a few more puddles about the place. Our course is built on a sandy base so if ours is like that I hate to think what courses were like further inland in the West of Scotland

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our place had been holding up well, just yesterday it was a bit damp in places but in general fairways still fairly firm. Only two winter greens on.

Today however slightly different story, rain appeared to be of biblical proportions overnight, still only a couple of winter greens but a few more puddles about the place. Our course is built on a sandy base so if ours is like that I hate to think what courses were like further inland in the West of Scotland

:mad::angry::(

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The course may be handling the weather ok, but last weekend we had two scrambler motorbikes visit the course, across 7th green and round and down 12th fairway and across the green !!!
Tyre tracks across both

G

guest100718

couple of really muddy spots here and there, but in the main doing pretty good. Playing very long though with the soft fairways and greens.