How Far Do You Walk During a Round of Golf?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
This thread got me curious, so downloaded MapmyWalk to the phone yesterday to see........ Set it running just before I walked over to the practice ground about 40 mins before my round - apparently I walked a whopping 1.9KM and burnt a massive 197 calories over 18 holes.....

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
This is interesting. I didn't think it'd be much more than 3 and a half miles round our 6000yd course.

I've put a walking GPS app on the phone and will see how much further it is next Saturday.

Golf is a sport!!!!! :)

Well, unless you only walk an extra 100 yards or so more than the course length, then it is a lot more than 3 1/2 miles!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I played 36 holes at Sunningdale yesterday. The health app on my phone has me down for 34,297 steps, 23.84 KM (14.8 miles) and 33 flights of stairs.

I didn't feel like I walked too much off plan, obviously a few wide shots here and there, but nothing too bad, so I'm quite surprised at the distance, almost double the length of the two courses based on course yardage.

D

Deleted Member 1156

If you keep it on the fairway it is a much shorter walk.

Less than 4 miles for me :whistle:

S

Snelly

I have got a Fitbit Charge HR and wore it when I played 36 holes at The Berkshire on Wednesday. I walked just over 17 miles in the day.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Thanks for the heads up David, I've got 36 there in a couple of weeks time in their mixed foursomes open :thup:

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Clearly I'm playing better golf than I thought, while my home course is not the longest, I normally walk a little of 5miles over 18 holes.

General Fade

Medal Winner
Visit site
For a small fee of £10:00 I sometimes reduce my walks to around 180yds....... with a buggy :D

Usually done when I'm feeling "as fat as a butchers dog"