How can it be wrong, if it feels so right?

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Dont try and keep your head still, it will be a power leak. You wont be able to turn back behind the ball unless you allow your head to move back a little.
I watched a European Tour event on Sky this afternoon, and none of the pros seemed to allow their heads to move back significantly during their backswings.

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
I watched a European Tour event on Sky this afternoon, and none of the pros seemed to allow their heads to move back significantly during their backswings.

They don't move the head much but if you see them in slow mo there is usually a slight move away there are very few where the head is rigid and does not move at all

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Totally random losses of form are often linked to a change (loss) in posture.... stand too upright and it's REALLY HARD to be able to control your swing path and club face.... and it's easy to start swaying, rolling, flipping etc etc. Always check your posture (forward spine tilt at address) is correct at least once per week.

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
They don't move the head much but if you see them in slow mo there is usually a slight move away there are very few where the head is rigid and does not move at all
I had a 3 hole spell during a foresomes competition this morning (always a difficult format because you get so few shots) where the wheels completely fell off my swing. I eventually realised that I was taking my eye off the ball at the top of the back swing and probably allowing my head to move. Corrected this and the wheels magically reconnected themselves. We scored 9 points for the last 4 holes without making any long putts. :D

Last edited:

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a 3 hole spell during a foresomes competition this morning (always a difficult format because you get so few shots) where the wheels completely fell off my swing. I eventually realised that I was taking my eye off the ball at the top of the back swing and probably allowing my head to move. Corrected this and the wheels magically reconnected themselves. We scored 9 points for the last 4 holes without making any long putts. :D

I had a mare today as well struggled with alignment all throughout the 9 holes, did well to go round in only 7 over!! There are lots of vids on YouTube that talk about the problems you are having. Mark Crossfield and MeAndMyGolf being the 2 best IMO

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm probably wrong, but I agree with Murph in as much as what you feel you're doing probably isn't what youre doing.

Got any video of your swing?

I have a couple of vids from last year, but i have completely changed pretty much everything since then.

Will try and get something up this week or next. Quite interested to see it myself, thinking about it

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Totally random losses of form are often linked to a change (loss) in posture.... stand too upright and it's REALLY HARD to be able to control your swing path and club face.... and it's easy to start swaying, rolling, flipping etc etc. Always check your posture (forward spine tilt at address) is correct at least once per week.

This is absolutely something should be doing more often.

In years past i have often ended up to crouched, so there is every possibility that am still inconsistent in my stance.

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I know of only one reasonable golfer who has a noticeable sway, and this is only because he suffered a back injury playing football that limits how far he can twist his torso.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Quite often what you think you are doing, what you feel you are doing, and what you are actually doing are completely different.

Now there is a man who knows about golf.

No one ever talks about balance now and yet it is vital.
Not sure of the exact ratio but your head is by far the heaviest part of your body.......and it's at the top.

Could you swing well if you were standing on ice wearing leather soled shoes.