Horology House - Rolex Scam

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A bit of a bummer if you're mugged for your £100 fake watch!
Give it to them with a smile, and claim on the insurance if you have a box and some papers .. make the insurance company do some work for a laugh.

I have a few watches, all bought through work contacts, duty free or by my wife.
All are the same if not greater value than I purchased them for.
However I bought them for reasons known to me.
I might buy another watch, I might not .. depends on where I am in life, previously we were DINKies ..
just enjoy yourself that’s all have what you want if you are luck enough

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I don't even own a watch!!!! Binned my last one about 6 years ago.

I have my phone on me if and when I need the time I can look at that. At work I have the time on my computer. In my car I have a clock. No need for a bit of metal or plastic anymore.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't even own a watch!!!! Binned my last one about 6 years ago.

I have my phone on me if and when I need the time I can look at that. At work I have the time on my computer. In my car I have a clock. No need for a bit of metal or plastic anymore.
More folk mugged for their phones than watches I'd guess.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Part of me thinks the problem is buying fakes especially at a price when you can buy a nice watch anyway, is that it is feeding and fueling a fake industry.

The fakes were around $200, the receipts were for rrp. It makes it very difficult to tell fakes, and why I would never buy a watch from ebay, unless from a shop.