Honma TW—X

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
I've mentioned these golf balls on other threads but thought I would post about them here after playing them for a while now.
Distance of the tee has been good compared to my previous ball(Wilson). Stopping on the green has been excellent. Durability has again been excellent.
In short I am amazed these can be bought for under £20 a dozen they really are an exception ball for the price. M

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I have been using the TW-S version for quite a while now. Urethane covered 3 piece ball, as above, good distance off the driver, good spin around the greens, nice to putt with and durable. It really is an excellent ball for the price.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've mentioned these golf balls on other threads but thought I would post about them here after playing them for a while now.
Distance of the tee has been good compared to my previous ball(Wilson). Stopping on the green has been excellent. Durability has again been excellent.
In short I am amazed these can be bought for under £20 a dozen they really are an exception ball for the price. M

I've been getting through my several boxes too

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played with a pick up one I found (TW-S) for a couple of rounds and can see why this ball would suit a lot of players who like to play 3 or more piece urethane ball with good levels of spin.

However I really should not be buying more golf balls no matter how good:LOL:

Last edited:

Barking_Mad

Visit site
My wife bought me a big bag of mixed balls for Christmas and it had a few of the TW-X in them. I was really impressed by them, excellent feel and good durability. Ive just bought two dozen more for £19 a box. Cracking value.

Only issue is finding them, they seem to be selling out in a number of places!

Is the TW-S any better, it's about 5 a box more expensive I think..?

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
My wife bought me a big bag of mixed balls for Christmas and it had a few of the TW-X in them. I was really impressed by them, excellent feel and good durability. Ive just bought two dozen more for £19 a box. Cracking value.

Only issue is finding them, they seem to be selling out in a number of places!

Is the TW-S any better, it's about 5 a box more expensive I think..?
I think the TW-S is for slightly faster swing speeds, I tried both and to be honest I can't tell the difference. My swing speed must be somewhere in the middle.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I think the TW-S is for slightly faster swing speeds, I tried both and to be honest I can't tell the difference. My swing speed must be somewhere in the middle.

It is the other way round as Tuggles says, but the difference is slight; 38m/s or 85mph for the S, 40m/s or 89mph for the X are what the boxes say. X feels slightly firmer but both very good balls and value for the money. Can’t say I notice much difference in performance between them.

Only reason it wouldn’t become the ball of choice going forward is because I don’t believe they do a yellow version; I’m looking to go to using one model of ball only once the present stock is gone but I want one that comes in both white and yellow as in certain light conditions I struggle to see the white ball now.