"Home, Home on The Range..."

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
... "where the deer and the antelope roam."

Spotted on the range this afternoon. Lovely to see.

Jwqlg7n.jpg

xum5QUF.jpg

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Don't get to see to much on the range bar pheasants and rabbits as its near a road where people park to walk their dogs on the racecourse. Managed to see a stoat, muntjac and roe deer, parakeets and a grey heron today

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
At Knole Park, the National Trust advertise we have over 350 deer roaming the park and the course.
We all know its well in excess of a 1000.

You can at times in certain places see several hundred together.

Rutting started this week, and a few trees close to a couple of fairways have become shagging zones and a little muddy.

A couple of pictures from this morning.

I last visited Knole Park around 50 years ago to see the deer didn’t know there was a golf course there until fairly recently, played a lot in Kent maybe play there sometime

sunshine

Visit site
I last visited Knole Park around 50 years ago to see the deer didn’t know there was a golf course there until fairly recently, played a lot in Kent maybe play there sometime

Haha that's a new one for me: "the deer didn't know there was a golf course there." They can be so inconsiderate, probably walked across the line of your putt!

Last time I played berkhamsted some stags ran right across the tee in front of me as I was about to play my shot. Magnificent sight, and my drive was pretty good too.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Haha that's a new one for me: "the deer didn't know there was a golf course there." They can be so inconsiderate, probably walked across the line of your putt!

Last time I played berkhamsted some stags ran right across the tee in front of me as I was about to play my shot. Magnificent sight, and my drive was pretty good too.

As I found with kangaroos in Australia. They grazed the land before golf came along - and so continue to graze it - and boy do they love the lush grass the watering gives them. Unlike deer though - the kangaroos have no issues with golfers and just hang around as you play your shot from in amongst them - often just a couple of yards from your ball. The kangaroos also acted as handy greenkeepers - keeping the grass cutP1050108.JPG.

P1050125.JPG

Last edited: