Hole in one.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My luck hasnt got that far yet but.., well done for your own! cant imagine the feeling. BEst i did was xmas eve left it 6inches that'l do for me!

daveyboy17

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No never had one how many did sam snead get in his life..... stupid amount. My brother had one he hit a 6 iron thinned it along the ground slammed his club down in disgust and turned his back on the ball..... i was watching it and it just skipped up through the bunkers and i said "its worked for you pal it on the green, actually its rolling at the hole" he turns back and sees it dead on line he starts to say" please dont go in...please dont go in (probably coz he doesnt want a hole in one on such a poor shot, then it hits the flag and goes in and he runs around like a mad man.... from going please dont go in to running round screaming with joy......
what a goffer!!!! lol all play well

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is the only subject about golf that I can compare my self favourably with the great Ben Hogan in saying that I've never had one.
If Mr Hogan could live without having one, then it's certainly good enough for me.
He apparently stopped aiming for the flag after one too many balls hit the flagstick and bounced 30ft off the green. Hence this unbelievable stat about the greatest striker of a golf ball ever to live.

chipin1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Anyone can have a hole in one, as Dave's story shows. One lucky swipe says nothing about a player's level of skill. It seems that Hogan was probably just unlucky.

Personally I think an albatross is a true sign of a decent ball striker. I bet Hogan had a few of them...

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Anyone can have a hole in one, as Dave's story shows. One lucky swipe says nothing about a player's level of skill.

You maybe right about that, however, it's a fantastic feeling getting one! I've just had the one and I was on cloud nine for the week.
I could still tell you the time and date I got mine, it's etched in my memory. ;)

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
funny.....the lady in question says she always aims at the hole and that is why she didn't make the tour!!!!
Interesting, can't remember the last time I aimed at the flag dead on....might explain why i make lots of 3s but few 2s and NO 1s!!!

I'll choose a hole tomorrow and aim at the hole, only a 12,500/1 chance, apparently.

Dave

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
another topic we've had in the last 6 weeks being regurgitated!
now where's that thread on what i dislike in golf!!! :( :(

Oh dear, I should have been on this forum sooner than six weeks back.........now I know to look back all the postings before hand. :D :D :D

TOM, well said there mate. It doesn't hurt for the same topic to come up from time to time, not everyone is a long-standing forum user and that needs to be remembered.

Everybody is entitled to post what they like, if somebody finds it repetitive or tedious the best and most polite thing to do is to ignore the thread rather than make derogatory comments. Doing this is more condusive to maintaining a happy forum where new users feel welcome and free to make the posts that they want to.

End of rant.

Interesting link by the way.

Jon

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
MWJ,& TOM021
i thought i may be pushing the boundaries of decency with my comment,if i offend i humbly apologise.But the thread in question ran less than 2 weeks ago, this is a great forum with super members and although not a very active member i follow events daily,(hourly if time allows. ) Membership has really sped up lately and that is a good thing and i do appreciate that new members will not know what has gone before . It just seems that quantity gives way to quality at times ,post for the sake of posting.

With hindsight i should of kept my mouth shut and if a thread doesn't interest me ignore it.
Apologies TOMO21 for dissing your thread
Apologies MWJ The fact that i've upset one of the best posters on here makes me realise i was wrong .Respect!
End of story, bury it... :eek: :eek: :eek:

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
There is no right or wrong mate.

Look forward to hearing from you heaps in the future andycap.

You do have a point about quantity rather quality and there are times when I have probably been guilty of this myself.

Thanks for coming on to talk about this, shows that you are one of the good guys in my view.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
No need to apologise, if this is all we need to worry about then I think we’re okay. In fact, I wonder if the latest posting, in any topic, should go automatically to the top of the pile.

That said, my posting was really about the hole in one article on another web site. Oh, did I read a reply that Hogan never had a hole in one, he had two.

This from the article…….It's often reported that Ben Hogan never had a hole in one. Davis, who met Hogan, said Hogan had two aces and quoted him as saying, "I would have made more if I'd aimed at the flag, but I rarely did so."

mark

Visit site
i just got a hole in one best feeling ever and in a foursome comp to win four and three 8 iron 2ft over the pin bck spin straight in the cup
mark