Hole in One

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So in my 50th year and 17 years after taking up this great game of ours, I finally hit my first hole in one yesterday at Paultons, Ower in Hampshire. 6 iron over water, wind slightly in face, 154 yards or thereabouts. Seemed to take an eternity to drop but an amazing feeling when it did if somewhat surreal. What made it even more memorable was the reaction of my playing partners who were made up! I play golf for the camaraderie and enjoyment of game essentially although I have my ambitions (breaking 80), but to achieve this milestone with my best mates was such a fantastic moment.

D

Deleted member 21258

Congratulations. Happy days.

Reckon it maybe my time tonight, surely some of all this must of rubbed off on me;)

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well done. Always jealous of those that get an ace as I've never had one in 30+ years and to be honest never look like getting one

I had come close a couple of times, but this was out of the blue. It will happen when you least expect it, cheers

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
So in my 50th year and 17 years after taking up this great game of ours, I finally hit my first hole in one yesterday at Paultons, Ower in Hampshire. 6 iron over water, wind slightly in face, 154 yards or thereabouts. Seemed to take an eternity to drop but an amazing feeling when it did if somewhat surreal. What made it even more memorable was the reaction of my playing partners who were made up! I play golf for the camaraderie and enjoyment of game essentially although I have my ambitions (breaking 80), but to achieve this milestone with my best mates was such a fantastic moment.
Hmm, I have a feeling it would be very different in my group of pals. If I beat them to a hole-in-one first I'd get begrudging handshakes and being called a jammy bastard I'm sure. :LOL:

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well done !
Managed my own 1st HIO last summer too, but chose the worst of days to do it....Captains Day !!
A gaggle on the Balcony awaited my return after the round, after word spread, and cost me £100 across the Bar, but Hapy Days, worth celebrating :cool: