Bittersweet Hole in One

jimjoachim

Head Pro
Visit site
So, this is quite a painful story but I need to write it down.

Playing Salgados in Portugal and playing quite well.

Get to the 12th hole and there is a table setup and a girl selling competition entry. €10 entry, hit the green win a prize from the table, get a hole in one get an all expenses paid trip to the Ryder Cup including golf and a chance to win a Million while there.

I have a look at the table and couldn't see anything I would want so decide to give it a miss. First 2 guys in the group enter, one hits the green and gets some crappy looking cap.

I step up. Throw it 10 feet past the pin. All of a sudden it starts to bite and spin and trickle towards the hole.....Felt like an eternity until it eventually dropped for my first ever hole in one.

The feeling on the tee was pure dumbfounded. Ive tried to convince myself it wouldn't have went in if id entered but feck my head is pickled.
Feels great to join the club but ouch!!!

AntShadow

Visit site
Forget that competition and enjoy the ace!

A feeling i'm hoping to get at some point - probably tomorrow when i play on my own and no one is there to see it/believe it!

D

Deleted Member 1156

A guy at my club entered one of these things and won a sleeve of balls. He got a hole in one with the first 2 balls from the sleeve and was saving the third one for somewhere special.

Congratulations on your ace :)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
So, this is quite a painful story but I need to write it down.

Playing Salgados in Portugal and playing quite well.

Get to the 12th hole and there is a table setup and a girl selling competition entry. €10 entry, hit the green win a prize from the table, get a hole in one get an all expenses paid trip to the Ryder Cup including golf and a chance to win a Million while there.

I have a look at the table and couldn't see anything I would want so decide to give it a miss. First 2 guys in the group enter, one hits the green and gets some crappy looking cap.

I step up. Throw it 10 feet past the pin. All of a sudden it starts to bite and spin and trickle towards the hole.....Felt like an eternity until it eventually dropped for my first ever hole in one.

The feeling on the tee was pure dumbfounded. Ive tried to convince myself it wouldn't have went in if id entered but feck my head is pickled.
Feels great to join the club but ouch!!!
Enough time to leg it over and enter the comp quickly? :LOL:

Unlucky mate, but like you say, if you'd have entered it then it's a different kettle of fish entirely, you'd be hitting your shot a minute later and might have hit it totally differently. Every action affects the next action. So don't beat yourself up. ;)

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
My old man played one of these in Marbella, one of his playing partners got a hole in one, won a trip to Las Vegas for whoever was in there round and their families.
They had a great time in Vegas 👍🏻

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Ryder Cup is just an over inflated soccer atmosphere now. Also what's a $1 million dollars when you have your health!

😬

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Hey! You hit a hole in one! Absolutely fricking awesome! Amazing! Forget about the rest.

How did you like Salgados, btw? I played there two years ago and I drowned so many balls, it was untrue.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Tomorrow your story will be a big selling point for the competition. Along the lines of, " you know like yesterday, this guy like said no it's a waste of time like, there's no chance like that's ever gonna happen like. Anyway he hit his shot like, and well he went pale when the ball disappeared down that little hole like. Do you want to feel like he does today. Thanks for your ten Euros like. Good luck".😖
Congratulations me man.👍