hitting up on the driver

FG_HOOR

Club Champion
Visit site
so whats the best way to do this? i have a major negative angle of attack and balloon the driver. ive tried moving the ball further forward and i square my shoulders so i'm not open but it just leads to a massive over the top duck hook!

lynchy76

Club Champion
Visit site
I have always struggled with my driver but lately have tried to position ball of left toe/heel and don,t over think of hitting up with driver( which I did). If you position your ball of left foot/toe if you take your normal set up your spine angle should be in the correct position. Take a normal swing and hopefully you would be getting better contact with ball.

Waitforme

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Get your ball teed extremely high, bottom of ball at level or above the top of your driver. Tape your driver up to avoid sky marks and try hitting from the high tee.
Almost feel as though you are having to reach to the ball at address, this combined with the high tee should promote an upward strike, oh , and ball just inside left heel.

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have 60-70% weight on your right side(right handers) when you set up with a high(ish) tee and just do a normal swing but try and push your hands outside the line. This should stop you coming over the top :).

FG_HOOR

Club Champion
Visit site
cheers guys i'll have a crack at that tomorrow, when you say outside the line do you mean on the follow through so the swing path is in to out?

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
cheers guys i'll have a crack at that tomorrow, when you say outside the line do you mean on the follow through so the swing path is in to out?

Thats the one :). You might find you top/thin a few drives but if your playing the ball left heel it shouldnt happen.