Hitting all my irons right

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Don't know if anyone can give me a "quick pointer" but on my last two games I've noticed I've been hitting the vast majority of my approach shots right. Not suffering from it with iron "recovery" shots back to the fairway, they are going nice and straight, also okay from the tee on par 3's. It's literally just shots into the greens from the fairway. I'm missing greens right by as much as 10 yards or more. Shots are going straight right by the way, not cutting or slicing, and there is no loss of distance.
I've checked my alignment and all seems good, and my divots are aiming more or less straight, maybe cutting slightly across but they've always done this. And as I say, it's only been the last couple of games. Any ideas??? Ta

Last edited:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I'm guessing your shoulders are open and pointing left of where they should be,
You are then coming across a bit,

Or you are too old and frail for regular shafts and need grandad ones :)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Sounds like your clubface is open.
Have you checked your grip?

Grip "seems" okay Bob but will have a look next time I'm out.
Weird why it is only happening on approach shots though. I would have thought that if my grip was a bit shonky, my driving would have gone off as well, but that's okay, as are second shots (as on par 5's etc).
Thanks for the tip.

Phil................... ballcocks.
;)

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
This may seem obvious but are you aiming right? I made a post a while ago about hitting wedge shots left. At the range with my mate, an ex pro, I asked him to have a look. He said "the balls going exactly where you're aiming" I couldn't believe it but it was true. I now stand behind the ball pick a spot in line immediately in front of it & stay fixated on that spot until I line up the club. I haven't hit it as straight for a long time.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
My uneducated response would be that the ball is going exactly where your clubface AND swingpath are aimed at impact.
Ball flight laws :whistle:.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
This may seem obvious but are you aiming right?

I've checked my alignment and all seems good,

My uneducated response would be that the ball is going exactly where your clubface AND swingpath are aimed at impact.
Ball flight laws :whistle:.

my divots are aiming more or less straight, maybe cutting slightly across but they've always done this

My next check would be ball position, are you moving it back in your stance