Highest gross on par 4?

Newforesthooker

Visit site
Scratch competition. Blowing loads. -1 with 3 to play. Then hit 2 oob left. 10 on a easy par 4. Then went 7, 7. Come from easily best gross 2nd round to shooting in the 80s 😂

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
A few years ago I played Traigh, in Scotland.
I played a par 4, par 3, par 4 in 23 shots by going 10, 3, 10!
It was my first round after having shoulder surgery so, that's my excuse ..................... and I'm sticking to it!

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
11 on the first in a medal in my 2nd ever comp in 2016. Nobbed it off the tee into deep thick rough, tried to hack it out and failed, then failed again, etc. Knew after that hole it wasn't going to be my day :LOL:

Fabia999

Visit site
10. First time playing my current course. Got stuck in a deep bunker and I had a quite a few attempts before hitting it sideways out... about 40 yards sideways..

D

Deleted member 21258

On the 6th at RSD, iirc I got upto 13 off the tee and think I hooked driver with all of them, cant remember the final score but must of been 17 to 19:D

*TQ*

Club Champion
Visit site
I spent most of last year (and some of this one) trying my hardest to break 100 for the first time, the closest I got was 100 on the dot and that included an 11 on a par 4 on the front nine and another 11 on a par 4 on the back nine. It still haunts me to this day, not only how close I came to breaking a 100 for the first time that day but how I was actually legitimately close to breaking 90 (something I have still not managed).

Kennysarmy

Visit site
50 something.

As a junior playing with my brother at Bamburgh Castle Golf Club - 1st hole - topped it down in to the slope that goes down to the beach on the first hole and for the life of me could not get it back up - air shots - thins, whacks, thwacks - I could just not get the ball up on to the fairway.
My bro counted every single shot - I believe it was a 57!

mister v

Visit site
a 12 on our 10th (ross-on-wye) and that was after a mint drive.......... however a mate the other week who carded a 12 on a 130 yard par 3....
how can i go so wrong, so quickly !!!

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I normally play Stableford, so I get to pick up before it gets too embarrasing, but I remember a 14 in my first stroke play comp.:oops:

But could you not just pick up if you are playing a stroke play comp. and just n/r that particular hole?

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
But could you not just pick up if you are playing a stroke play comp. and just n/r that particular hole?

Not without DQing me for the comp. The round would still count for handicap purposes, but not for the competition. Not that it would have made much of a difference, I came dead last anyway, but since I only get to play stroke play about once or twice a year, I usually just stick it out no matter what. I think my overall score was 70 ... which sounds not too bad, except it was a 9-hole comp :ROFLMAO: Seriously, it was the meanest, tightest course I ever played. And I got stuck in traffic when I drove there, so I already arrived last minute and totally stressed out and then I noticed that I had forgotten my purse at home and did not have a single penny with me. I had to borrow the entrance fee from a friend. I started with an 11 on a par 3 and that set the tone for the complete round. I think I managed a bogey somewhere and that was a real highlight.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Being completely honest I don't remember any par 4 where I've shot more than a triple.
I will have done but they don't stick in the memory so I've got no idea.
I do remember a 12 or 13 on a par 5 with no penalties - don't know why I remember that and not any disasters on par 4s..

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think the worst was a 16 - mind you that was when I was first playing and didn't have a hcp or an idea.