hi looking for some help

liamlongstaff

Visit site
hi there i have been playing golf for about 6 month really love the game but i play it so bad i slice my driver every time and i top and miss hit my irons almost every time i have took a video of my ugly swing and would be gratefull if any one could give me some tips on what im doing wrong

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Welcome aboard, there's some good knowledge on this forum, if you have a video upload it to YouTube and post a link, the right people should be able to give some tips

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
the obvious thing to me (not that I know much) is that you follow the swing witrh your head, keep it still until you have completed your swing.

Heidi

Tour Rookie
Visit site
is your weight on your heels? should be on the balls of your feet.

your knees looking too bent. try bending then getting a bit of bounce in your knees, keep the weight on your balls and that should give you a nicer swing!

Sultana

Club Champion
Visit site
Wrists look a little like you're scooping the ball and you don't appear to following the shot through, chicken winging. Follow the shot through like you would if you were kicking a ball or hitting a ball with a tennis raquet.

liamlongstaff

Visit site
thanks for all the feedback guys keep it comeing lol ill give it a try tonight and get on the course tommorw at least no one said it was that bad i should quit playing :p

Dave B

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Liam.

Without being unkind there are a lot of common errors in both your basic set up and your swing. Although many forum members may point out some of the errors, all this will do is cause confusion and give you too much to work on.

If you try to sort it out by yourself and correct the errors it will lead to more problems further down the line which will be very hard to iron out.

My advise would be to book a lesson with your local pro starting with basic set up and fundamental swing principles.

It is very likely that you'll very likely need a course of lessons because there are quite a few issues to iron out and it will be very frustrating at first because the pro will very likely re-build your swing from scratch in order to develop a good foundation to build on.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hi Liam,

The basic flaw in your swing is that you are trying to swing the club back and through straight down the ball to target line. This wont work.

You need to understand that the club has to swing more around your body in the back and forward swing. Try and imagine you are swinging the club around a big hoop that is passing through the ball and is tipped back towards you on a 45 deg angle.

This video should help your understanding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpyt4phB1EI

liamlongstaff

Visit site
thanks to every one who posted and thanks for all the feedback i have now removed the vids and i am gonna practice on basic set up an wing plan body rotaion i will post a new vid some time in the next few weeks hopefully with a better golf swing thanks again take care all

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I agree with this 100%, a course of 5 lessons will cost around £100-125, but only do it if your ready to put the time in practicing what you are shown

Liam.

Without being unkind there are a lot of common errors in both your basic set up and your swing. Although many forum members may point out some of the errors, all this will do is cause confusion and give you too much to work on.

If you try to sort it out by yourself and correct the errors it will lead to more problems further down the line which will be very hard to iron out.

My advise would be to book a lesson with your local pro starting with basic set up and fundamental swing principles.

It is very likely that you'll very likely need a course of lessons because there are quite a few issues to iron out and it will be very frustrating at first because the pro will very likely re-build your swing from scratch in order to develop a good foundation to build on.