Heythrop Park

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Been to picked to play a Hillman plate match there. Anyone have any information on the course (condition, length, layout). The information on the Warners hotel website is sketchy. Also coming up from Ascot is the M40, A34, A44 the best route

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure if you've ever used Hole19 app, but you can preview the layout of any course on there. Even in the free version - so download it temporarily and have a look?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Expect a tiring walk if not used to it, a few walks between holes and some slopes. I left end of last year so don't have current info, but the greens are normally good and hold well. IMO the layout is good, plenty of interesting holes. Part way through a bunker program I believe so may be some GUR. If you search YT you can see most holes being played.
Oh, and it is about 1.5 miles from the entrance gate to the golf parking/pro shop so don't panic if it feels like you are driving along way!
Enjoy.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Never played there, but in its former life it was the staff training college owned by NatWest.

Spent several weeks on courses there during my career with the bank. impressive building with a very long drive as mentioned above. Don't suppose it's still the case these days, but you could regularly hear the lions and elephants as Billy Smart's circus facilities were nearby, where the animals were kept when not on tour.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Been to picked to play a Hillman plate match there. Anyone have any information on the course (condition, length, layout). The information on the Warners hotel website is sketchy. Also coming up from Ascot is the M40, A34, A44 the best route

Get yourself on YouTube, loads of videos of people playing the course.

4LEX

Visit site
Decent course. Some cracking holes and some quirky ones. One I recall is the straightest par five ever, with trees lining the side of it. It was a few years since I've played it but mean to get back.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had a result with this as Blenheim Palace have their garden festival on (apparently only 20 minutes away) so got tickets and entry to the palace for HID and got a night away booked in as a surprise. Apparently there is a Churchill 150 year celebration there as well which I kind of wanted to see. Still got no real idea of the course but getting there silly early to warm up and see how it goes. Playing blind sometimes the best way