help!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
anyone know how to make some quick cash??

Get yourself a big spade and go around your neighbourhood offering to clear the paths of snow
That should keep you busy for a few weeks and make you a few quid

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
anyone know how to make some quick cash??

Get yourself a big spade and go around your neighbourhood offering to clear the paths of snow

What a great idea.
Think of the sense of achievement you will get as well.
That's what we would have done as youngsters, wouldn't we Bob?

;)

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
thanks bob thats a great idea , i shall start in the mornin :p
Not only make a few quid but performing a vital duty for the community,well done for having the spirit to go and do it. There should be more young 'uns like you mate. Good luck.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes it would be a vital duty for the community and to be applauded, but, it's probably not allowed anymore. I used to do it as a lad many years ago and eared a good few bob.

Anybody that clears snow or ice on or around their property is liable if anybody slips or falls. So the poor lad could be sued. Crazy I know but that's how it is in this not my fault compensation country we live in.

At my local bank the other day and everybody was complaining about the slippery ice on the access ramp. The bank staff had refused to clear it , stating that if they did and somebody slipped then they would be liable. Also the bank had phoned the local council and they didn't want to know, saying the same thing.

Nobody wants to take responsibility anymore - crazy!

Golfmmad.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
winter of '63 - me and brothers, a sledge, my dad's garden tools, some coal sacks we 'borrowed' from the coalman (the one's with coal dust in were a godsend) and ash we collected from the neighbours. made a packet clearing paths, unsticking cars etc (even the bus driver coughed up a few bob and did a whip round among the passengers!) and we had a whale of a time.