Help with right knee flex please :-)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I like the right leg. I would though, I have the same 'fault'.

I'm not sure if this means it's not out to in, I may have the definition wrong, but this is just before impact and looks like it's coming from the inside to me.

Untitled.jpg

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My right knee doesn’t flex very much, does anybody know of a decent drill or advice?
/QUOTE]

Mr The19thHole. With apologies to Pete and Dud.....

Bob: Mr 19th - you are, I believe, auditioning for the part of a golfer.
19th: Right.
Bob: Now Mr 19th, I couldn't help noticing - almost at once - that you are a one-legged person.
19th: You noticed that?
Bob: I noticed that, Mr 19th. When you have been in the business as long as I have, you come to notice these little things almost instinctively.
Bob goes on to point out that a golfer is "a role which traditionally involves the use of a two-legged person" and that it would be unusual for the part to be taken by a "unidexter", but 19th's enthusiasm is undimmed. Bob keeps a straight face as he explains exactly why 19th is unsuitable for the role.
Bob: Need I say with over much emphasis that it is in the leg division that you are deficient.
19th: The leg division?
Bob: Yes, the leg division, Mr 19th. You are deficient in it to the tune of one. Your right leg, I like. I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role. That's what I said when I saw you come in. I said, "A lovely leg for the role". I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is - neither have you.

:p:p

Last edited:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I like the right leg. I would though, I have the same 'fault'.

I'm not sure if this means it's not out to in, I may have the definition wrong, but this is just before impact and looks like it's coming from the inside to me.

View attachment 829

He's very much in-to-out at impact Region3, he wouldn't be able to draw his 3-iron like he does if he was out-to-in :thup:

For a 7-iron you look a long way from the ball, your arms are reaching out a little and your posture at address is very upright, you should feel like impact takes place a little more 'beneath' you with your chest 'covering' the ball. At impact you stand up (early extend), it's like a 'barrel rolling' motion through the ball with very little forward shaft lean/lag. Your upper body lifting is what is pulling your hands through rather than a proper rotation. I'd consider buying a 'tour stiker' training golf club to teach you the proper impact position.

I wouldn't say there is an issue losing flex in the right knee.. you haven't got much to give away in the 1st place. A better set up posture will cure that but you only need a couple of degrees more flex (if any) and hardly want to be 'sitting down' over a deep knee bend :thup:

I'd like to get my S&T 'man-claws' into you but fear you couldn't handle being a better golfer :whistle:

:D:D:D;)

Last edited:

The19thHole

Head Pro
Visit site
Cheers James :thup:
How’s the back?

I do certainly feel I am too far away from the ball. I’ve noticed pro golfers have
their hands at address closer to their knees... mine is a little further away.