Help with r11 shafts

icox54381

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi there i am looking for an r11 driver. i love the club but i am not keen on the blur shaft on it. My dad has an adila vs proto fitted to his. is it easy to fit an andila shaft into the sleeve thing for the r11 and does anyone know where i can get one?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Any decent pro should be able to put a sleeve on a new shaft, though probably as easy to get a shaft with one on already, theres a huge amount of shafts with R9/R11 fittings on ebay if you look in the club components section

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
sorry misread your original post, assumed you had a head. Dont think the vs proto is a standard option for the R11, if looking to buy the club complete and want an Aldila shaft its more likely to be a RIP shaft. Do you have somewhere local where you could go and try?

icox54381

Medal Winner
Visit site
My dad has an r11 driver with the vs proto fitted and it is fantastic so i was planning on buying the shaft with the sleeve fitted and then buying a seperate head would this work?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My dad has an r11 driver with the vs proto fitted and it is fantastic so i was planning on buying the shaft with the sleeve fitted and then buying a seperate head would this work?

Yep no reason it wouldnt

I think the VS Proto is probably deemed an older shaft and has been superceded by one of the RIP shafts lately (I liked the vs proto shaft, had an x-flex in my 909 3 wood :) )