help to achieve in to out swing

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Keep yer right elbow dug tight into yer ribs throughout the entire swing (left hookers will be left elbow) this is what I do when I start relapsing back into my casting/out to in swing...

After a while you'll relax into a normal swing once more... :thup:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Keep yer right elbow dug tight into yer ribs throughout the entire swing (left hookers will be left elbow) this is what I do when I start relapsing back into my casting/out to in swing...

After a while you'll relax into a normal swing once more... :thup:

And tuck a head cover into your armpit and try and not have it fall out till you're well into the follow through.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I always thought an in to out swing was the be all and end all in golf so spent ages desperately trying to get the draw I'd been told to aim for. Despite numerous lessons I just couldn't manage it and if anything it made my power fade worse.

This season I decided to play with what I've got as family life has meant less time on both lessons and actually playing. By embracing my out to in (it's not massive BTW) I now play a pretty decent fade and the slicing seems to have all but gone.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I always thought an in to out swing was the be all and end all in golf so spent ages desperately trying to get the draw I'd been told to aim for. Despite numerous lessons I just couldn't manage it and if anything it made my power fade worse.

This season I decided to play with what I've got as family life has meant less time on both lessons and actually playing. By embracing my out to in (it's not massive BTW) I now play a pretty decent fade and the slicing seems to have all but gone.

Agreed. The lure of the draw is strong to those who slice. Its looks cool and has the mythical allure of extra distance.

What transpires is you don't hit it any further and you end up hitting duck hooks off the planet wishing for your gentle fade.

Be careful what you wish for. :rofl:

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Agreed. The lure of the draw is strong to those who slice. Its looks cool and has the mythical allure of extra distance.

What transpires is you don't hit it any further and you end up hitting duck hooks off the planet wishing for your gentle fade.

Be careful what you wish for. :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The mythical allure of extra distance, never transpires in reality

Ndw7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hello all
Does anyone have any drills – preferably with props – to help eliminate an over the top swing, in order to promote an in-to-out ball strike?

Firstly I'd start by booking a couple of lessons with your local pro. Secondly, I've always found that when I've needed to change my path, as I've been way from out to in when I first started, to way in to out more recently, it's easier to change the face to path first.

Like I would strengthen my grip, which would cause duck hooks. And eventually my path would naturally change to accommodate this.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Or a house brick, as this quickly indicates a faulty swing :whoo:

On a personal note I do in fact just use another golf ball but it is not advice I would give out on a forum on grounds of health a safety, the ball bouncing all round the range bay can get a bit disconcerting.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Put a long tee peg in the hole at the end of your grip. Then start your downswing by driving that down towards the ball, then when you release the clubhead your going to be on the inside. This will also teach you to develop lag in your swing that will help you develop more power.