Help needed on release (I think??)

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Please forgive my lack of knowledge of the terminology but I'm struggling to release the club head properly (I think).

I was at the range yesterday and decided to video a few of my swing and noticed one particular thing. On my backswing the toe of the club pointed towards the sky but on the follow through the clubhead was still horizontal.
I looked on YouTube afterwards and this only confirmed what I was thinking.

Is what I'm doing incorrect and if so how would I correct this?

percy_layer

Challenge Tour Pro
www.davidord.com
If your grip is ok, you could try hitting balls with your feet together. Have your heels and toes touching and keep them flat through the swing, no need to swing more than half or three quarters to get the feel and action you're after. Good drill for your balance too.

If you can, put your swing on here and i'm sure you'll get some constructive comments to help you.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think it's neutral, thumb of left hand sits on top of shaft and the "V" of my right hand points towards my shoulder. Again sorry for lack of correct terminology.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The videos are on my iPhone and I don't think you can upload to YouTube direct from it.
I can do it on Friday once I'm home though which I was planning to do.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you get the video ready to view on your phone, the icon in the bottom left gives you choices of where to send it, one of which is Youtube.

Best to be connected via wireless when you do it.