Help needed - Anyone got a keen eye for a fake Scotty

thesheriff

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

As per my recent post in the FS section I've been on the hunt for a Scotty Cameron. I want to take the plunge on one, but given the putter is a fairly old model, I'm looking for opinions on whether it might be a fake.

Anyone got experience with these matters who can give an opinion for me? Tried to upload pics without success. I can email over some pics if anyone can help.

Thanks in advance.

Mickyc

Hacker
Visit site
Post some pics on the golfwrx putter forum. They guys there know their stuff and will quickly respond. Good luck

D

Deleted Member 1156

There used to be a guy on this forum called Spotty Cameron, he was a bit of a fake.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
whats that saying??

"if its too good to be true, it invariably isn't"

SC tend to hold their value and even gain in some cases depending on the model. not seen a fake for a while, but plenty of them about.

mhwgc

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Some Scotty Cameron models were 'faked' a lot more than others, it's also becoming harder to tell with so many aftermarket paint jobs now. What model is it and where are you looking to buy it from?

thesheriff

Head Pro
Visit site
The putter is a Circa 62 with a black finish. Looks in v nice condition and bought it now after condulting a couple of experienced pals. Thanks for the comments. Looking forward to it arriving.