Heated discussions

Faldo_Fan

Head Pro
Visit site
Wow! I'm stunned with some of the idiots you guys have had to put up with! I'm glad none of those things have happened to me as i'm not really the type to back down or let it go.

The only minor thing that has happened to me at our club is that i've been stuck twice on the sunday morning fiddle (balls are drawn from the hat) with a guy who is actually a very good player but he swears and moans his way round the course very loudly and intersperses that with some club throwing, until i had a mid iron like a helicopter blade just miss me, then he got the angry stare from me and was as good as gold for the rest of the round.
But given the choice i wouldn't play with him in a million years! :D

Adrena1in

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I find it hard to believe there are really people out there like that. I've never been involved in any sort of confrontations and never heard any going on either.

I was playing in a match a while back and a playing partner of mine warned me about the guy we were playing against from the other club, saying he was moody and miserable, but after being a bit quiet on the first couple of holes he soon played like everyone else, smiling, laughing and having a good time. (He was playing like a demon mind you, and won the round quite easily by going round in par, so that might have had something to do with it I suppose.)

TRS30

Head Pro
Visit site
I play in a challenge match with three good mates, it's a team event and has been running for a couple of years.

Heated debate by e-mail, phone and face to face has been raging since Monday on handicaps and we aren't due to play till Sat!!!

mono217

Journeyman Pro
i707.photobucket.com
Once we had a kid at the club and he didnt have a clue and was the biggest cheat ever everyone refused to play with him and he put in complaints then got banned from the course for 3 years.

Handycap

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Let's hope he learned his lesson and you can enjoy a game with him in 2012. Three years should be a long enough stretch for him to be rehabilitated back into golf society.

centuryg5

Head Pro
Visit site
Last year at our captains final,i was spectating the game,and after the first 3 holes or so, i noticed something odd,one of the finalist was using a raincover for his bag,this was somewhat surprising as it was about 23* C clear blue skies,as this lad was on the 4 th tee i peeked in his bag,and counted 15 clubs,i counted again 15 clubs,called the captain over as he was spectating as well and asked him to count, yes 15 clubs,he then asked me what should he do, i replied "call the referee over and tell him," which he did,after debating with the 2 competitors the oppo said "oh it doesn't matter lets get on with it",I blew my lid,for all we know the cheating bast*** could have used 15 or more to get to the final I shouted.walked off the course and promptly handed in my resignation from the committee. :mad: