Hayling mini meet - Sat 24th Oct

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 1156

A little bump for this as there may be one space if anyone else is interested or if someone wants to bring a mate along? I'll know in the next day or so for sure.

D

Deleted Member 1156

All places now taken, will look to fix up another one this side of Christmas.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
waterproofs packed but HOPEFULLY won't be needed! :D

So it was your fault then Slasher!! :D

Thanks to Gordon for organising, Matt, Johnny & Simon for the company, the Pompey fans & the prevailing wind for annoying Sainthacker :D and a welcome to Johnny; first forum meet and first links course. Very enjoyable day out on a lovely track in great company. Just a shame about the football result. :(

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
As Richard says. A great day with great company on a great course. Nice to meet you all and to finally prove to myself that there are actual people behind the avatars :D

Simon, Richard and Matt were top chaps to go round with as were Paul, Paul and John in the clubhouse.

Big thanks to Gordon for organising an excellent day, with cracking sausage baps and a brilliant Ruby Murray to finish.

My first forum outing and hopefully there'll be many more to come.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great Day - just a shame that the heavens opened on the 18th - the top and cap I took off when I came in were still soaked 4 hours later when i got home. The "other four" must have been absolutely drenched after spending an extra half hour on the links :D. My golf was as bad Chelsea's form or the predictability of mourinho blaming someone other than his team if they lose! I thought John was going to walk it after having circa 14 points after 6 but the wheels gradually fell off - and Paul started smoking his drives towards the end of the round showing the recent 3-shot cut is the start of a few more. Gordon was Mr steady and lost out by one to Mat's 36. Good company, good golf course, crap golf and a good curry - a winning formula :swing:

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great day out, except for the rain coming up the 18th. It came down so hard and suddenly that it was useless even trying to get waterproofs out. My first time at Hayling and it didn't disappoint, a superb course that you really need to think your way around. Thanks to Gordon and Simon for hosting and also to Paul, John and Gordon for good company and cracking banter!

the Pompey fans & the prevailing wind for annoying Sainthacker :D

Its easy to go off people you know....;)

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Chin up Richard.....:whoo: Swansea and Watford are not "uncatchable" in the medium term :rofl:

Jose-Mourinho-chelsea.jpg

D

Deleted Member 1156

Glad everyone had a really good time, always nice to catch up with old friends and make new ones. Don't think I have ever gone from bone dry to totally drenched in less than 1 hole! :eek:

Simon and I will look to arrange another one probably just after Christmas and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hayling :D

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Glad everyone had a really good time, always nice to catch up with old friends and make new ones. Don't think I have ever gone from bone dry to totally drenched in less than 1 hole! :eek:

Simon and I will look to arrange another one probably just after Christmas and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hayling :D

Blooming great day on the southern links! Superb company around the course from Rich, Simon and Johnny, and some tasty golf tucked in there too! Hayling was in decent nick and lovely greens; even a biblical downpour near the end didnt spoilt it. Little did i know that the last putt on the 18th was to win the day (after a <forum distance> drive :D)...:). Day finished off the a tidy curry with a great bunch of lads. Oh, and great win for Watford at Stoke :whoo:

Thanks to Gordon and Simon, my playing partners, plus the guys in the other group. See you soon. :cool: