Having a shocker!

Trodski

Visit site
What’s your worst medal round of the year?

Returned a solid nett 86 yesterday :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

Last in my division (n)

A round that has me reconsidering my golfing future ?

dprees

Visit site
Two days ago, I managed a nett 67.

Nett 97 today--worst ever, I think. 10 golf balls went AWOL!

Though the weather was iffy at times, and the wind had to be allowed for, it was all concentration issues that caused the rubbish shots. Went onto the course with a family issue on my mind, and was unable to shake it.

Still, it was nice to be out...

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
My worst comp round this year was a 13.0 differential with a playing handicap of 4 on the day. (29/04/22)
Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

D

Deleted member 15344

Played in the Easter Challenge - a gross 93 for a net 91 - dead last in the Nett ??

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not a medal round…

Just got back from Spain, 16 of us over 3 days. First day a team scramble, days 2 and 3 individual. Played some of my best golf ever on the first 2 days and was overnight leader in the individual with a stableford score of 41 (4 clear). Final day, I couldnt’t hit the ball straight, get it airborne, hole a putt or hit a nice chip, scored 20 points and didn’t even come in the top 3! First time I’ve ever wanted to walk in.

So much so, I’ve cancelled golf this weekend, I need some time off! Stupid game.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This year I have played this worst score in about 25 years - 100 gross

Funnily enough I have also had my best score for about 5 years - 74 gross

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm usually quite consistent, my bad rounds are rarely total disasters. My worst round this calendar year was 90 (net 75) and that's the only time I've shot in the 90s since a 91 back in December.

Trodski

Visit site
The replies make me feel somewhat better. The tops, shanked irons not so much.

As soon as I know I can’t achieve my 8th best score I do struggle for focus.

Under congu you could usually have the buffer zone as target

Springveldt

Visit site
I've had a few that have felt like complete shockers this season already. Highest being a net 81 for a 13.7 differential, had 2 11.3 differentials and a 10.5 differential as well. Hope this isn't the new norm for me. I've got 6 counting scores in my next 10 rounds so I need to start playing decent pretty pronto.

Apart from the scores, I keep losing multiple balls per round as well which is getting expensive even although I'm using those Honma TW-X balls.