Have you stayed at Amendoeira?

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I have too, I enjoyed the set up there.
Everything on site, stayed on site, shuttle bus, tiny par three course. The apartments Etc.

Looking for the same set up but different course, ideally as modern as Amendoeira.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
We've done Amendoeira twice now, went elsewhere last year but had a not so good experience. As a result, had calls to go back to Amendoeira this year because as you say, it's a good setup.

However, we've decided to stay away another year, this time we're going to El Rompido, about an hour from Faro, just over the Spanish border, it has two courses on site, and is semi all inclusive, i.e. includes breakfast and evening meal, and all drinks included between 5pm - 12am.

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We are going to Islantilla for a week with four rounds of golf there and one at El Rompido.

I have not been to Islantilla before but those that have said that there are three nines and the food is excellent.

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We are going to Islantilla for a week with four rounds of golf there and one at El Rompido.

I have not been to Islantilla before but those that have said that there are three nines and the food is excellent.

I went to Islantilla in September last year and couldnt fault it. Will definitely be returning one day.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
The Amendoeira Resort looks nice, but the courses let it down, especially the Faldo, which is the most tricked up joke of a golf course I have ever set foot on. The only thing missing was a windmill.

I’ve rarely heard others have a good word to say about it, either.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Amendoeira Resort looks nice, but the courses let it down, especially the Faldo, which is the most tricked up joke of a golf course I have ever set foot on. The only thing missing was a windmill.

I’ve rarely heard others have a good word to say about it, either.

Totally agree. Pretty sure there are a few on here that love it though.