Have you renewed your driving license?

V

vkurup

From my rant thread on paper counterparts, it looks like there are about 2.3m people who dont renew their photo driving licenses. Photo driving license should be renewed every 10 years. The expiry date is on the front of your license under '4b'. Renewal takes about 10 mins and costs £14, but non renewal of license comes with a £1K fine (imagine how many clubs you could buy with them).

So please take a min and check your license. More details here..
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...-in-renewing-their-photocard-driving-licences

Equally applicable for over 70s, so Uncle Phil please get a new one too :)

This is a public service message and may not qualify as 'rant of the month'...

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having up dated it with new address after returning from New Zealand two years ago am amazed to see on checking that it needs replacing in two years time :confused:

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had to do mine last week as it runs out in a weeks time. Nice and simple to do it at the Post Office as they even take the photo for you. Not sure if they will bother giving me the paper document back as it will be obsolete in a few months time but at least the points will have disappeared off it if they do. :)

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've still got the old parchment type. Never bothered applying for a photo one. I know what I look like.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Old paper ones here as well for me and HID and we have no intention of changing over to a photocard one unless forced to.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I only got the photcard as its an easier form of ID to carry around than a passport...

I did suggest to the Chief Exec. of the Driving Standards Agency that it should be made compulsory to have one and that, on renewal, drivers would get 6 months to have an assessment to prove they could still drive to an acceptable standard. Assessment would be by an Examiner, much like your Test....no pass = no licence....

It was dismissed immediately due to cost....no surprise there then..!

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
You do know that it is also an offence t have a license with an address that yu are not resident at.

That can also carry a hefty fine , so if u have a slate one check your address and sort it so your covered.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I know someone, ahem, who had not changed his address and was tagged for a traffic offence. Meant hastily sending it off which turned into going from paper only to new style ��